Hill-top Farm ET Betsy's Win-It-All Farm

Jayamos

Farmer
It's a progress thread! It's an illustration thread for Evil Twin Betsy's Diary! It's a "how to farm Hill-top without losing your mind" thread! (Well, I hope so, anyway.)

Here's Shane and ET Betsy's wedding day. Apparently ET Betsy was so distracted she forgot to take down a few of the Christmas decorations. The stone cabin below the shed is a cheap way to have a crystallarium/smelting/crafting shed.

ETBetsy_Spr 7 Y3 Shane wedding day.png

Last edited:

Jayamos

Farmer
And here's the farm post-divorce. That's ET Betsy, on that rainy day when she's first by herself.

I asked myself, do I really need to put in an extra coop to go along with the story? Apparently, yes. I have plans for it later...

ETBetsy_Summer 14 Y3 after Shane divorce.png

Jayamos

Farmer
Elliott and ET Betsy's wedding day. ET and I managed to neaten up around the greenhouse and put out seasonally appropriate decorations.
The row of trees by the walkway to Dino Hill works as indicators for any tappers I have going: when the tapper is full I know to check the trees elsewhere.
The spare coop is now the dino pen; see if you can spot the dino on the hill! The dino you can see by the chickens apparently was spending the night outside when ET Betsy was moving dinos. I'll probably move the dino pen back towards the walkway, but the second time around with a structure there is working better with fewer trees.

ETBetsy_Fall 9 Y3 Elliott wedding day.png

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Congrats on the insane progress so far.
Elliott and ET Betsy's wedding day. ET and I managed to neaten up around the greenhouse and put out seasonally appropriate decorations.
The row of trees by the walkway to Dino Hill works as indicators for any tappers I have going: when the tapper is full I know to check the trees elsewhere.
The spare coop is now the dino pen; see if you can spot the dino on the hill! The dino you can see by the chickens apparently was spending the night outside when ET Betsy was moving dinos. I'll probably move the dino pen back towards the walkway, but the second time around with a structure there is working better with fewer trees.

View attachment 12087

Jayamos

Farmer
End of Winter year 3. The biggest change on the farm might be Harvey. Next most important is Misty the horse (bonus points if you get the reference)! The dino coop has approximately reached its final form, although I see it still needs a paint job. Paths are more extensive and trees are neatened up, with more variety in the back 40 (that won't be visible until next update). One change that hasn't gotten captured is a gate (awkward) at the top of the Dino Hill steps, so the pigs and cows aren't eating the dinos out of house and home.

I'm planning another major building. Harvey will not approve, I'm sure. Will ET Betsy care? Stay tuned...

ETBetsy_Winter 26 Y3_Harvey wedding day.png

Jayamos

Farmer
Looking great, I like your dedication to transforming parts of your farm first instead of the whole farm at once.
Thanks, incremental change is my MO in game as well as IRL.

First thought for Misty and horses is Mercedes "Misty" Lackey and her Heralds series, with its intelligent all-but-unicorns Companions, but those weren't brown.
I like this! I’ll have to check out the Heralds series. The Misty I’m thinking of was a real pony, quite famous in her day.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Thanks, incremental change is my MO in game as well as IRL.

I like this! I’ll have to check out the Heralds series. The Misty I’m thinking of was a real pony, quite famous in her day.
Fair warning; her initial target audience is 14-18 year old mostly-girls who like horses and fantasy worlds, and the early books are very much Wish Fulfillment stories (Misunderstood Loner Teen Becomes the Specialest) but with a minor side order of "You can tell the bad guys are bad because they're sexual sadists". Her second trilogy was notable for being one of the first encounters most teens had with a gay main character back in 1990, but he still fits the wish fulfillment mold in everything but his gender. I find I can still enjoy some of her more recent works when I feel like a light read, but I wouldn't start at the beginning.

Jayamos

Farmer
ET Betsy and Haley's wedding day, middle of summer Y4. I'm very pleased they got married in summer, Haley's season for sure. Now with slime hutch and mahogany plantation. Getting a nice couple of mushroom groves, too. I must have just scythed, hence the patchy grass.
The field is almost entirely starfruit; as you can see, the crop fairy came by. There's a little planting of sunflowers for Haley happiness.

ETBetsy_Summer 16 Y4 Haley wedding day.png

Godkin

Planter
Hard work will never betray you, but right now, it may seem like it betrayed your dreams.

Divine power flows in my veins, I am the chosen godkin who inherited the power of the gods, the "SEPUH" who reigns in the realm of Stardew Valley ( ̄⊿ ̄)╭

Jayamos

Farmer
Not a wedding pic this time. I'm pleased to have fall color all over the farm this year, not just in the top half. There would be more if not for some unfortunate scything accidents. Plus, first obelisk. One of these days I need to paint the dino barn.

ETBetsy_Fall 5 Y4 just cause I like the color.png

Jayamos

Farmer
Alex and ET Betsy's wedding day. ET Betsy seems awfully underdressed for the weather, now I wish I'd used this outfit with Haley and the one with Haley with Alex. But ET Betsy is tough.
Now with obelisks. I like those obelisks! I'm not planning to take ET Betsy to Ginger Island (long story) so this is the full complement of obelisks and, probably, farm buildings although I'll be switching out the cabin for a shed. Finally got the dino coop painted.
Trees are more cleaned up and structured. I accidentally cut down the wrong mahogany so had to replant. The mahogany grove will be symmetrical eventually...
ETBetsy_Winter 21 Y4 Alex wedding day actually dressed.png