Issue Errors when starting SMAPI

Hana88

Newcomer
Hi there.. i play with smapi 3.12.7 and fine, buth when i update windows i cant play the game with smapi, here the issue when i open smappi,

Oops! SMAPI couldn't load the game executable. The technical details below may have more info.

Technical details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Stardew Valley' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'Stardew Valley'
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 83

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Can anyone help me ??

Kreeate

Rancher
Hi there.. i play with smapi 3.12.7 and fine, buth when i update windows i cant play the game with smapi, here the issue when i open smappi,

Oops! SMAPI couldn't load the game executable. The technical details below may have more info.

Technical details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Stardew Valley' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.
File name: 'Stardew Valley'
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMarkHandle stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
at System.RuntimeType.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
at StardewModdingAPI.Program.AssertGamePresent() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Program.cs:line 83

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Can anyone help me ??

Hi,

Please upload your full SMAPI log. Instructions can be found here.
You can also try to refresh your game files. For Steam and for GoG.

It could also be that you are running Stardew Valley 1.5.5 beta version. In that case you need to use SMAPI 3.13.0 beta 2021-09-22

FifilaFiffe

Newcomer
This has just happened to me as well, the game won't load and shows the same error message. Game has run fine until now (last played 2 weeks ago!) but I tried to play it after a 2 week break and it won't launch. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution?

Kreeate

Rancher
This has just happened to me as well, the game won't load and shows the same error message. Game has run fine until now (last played 2 weeks ago!) but I tried to play it after a 2 week break and it won't launch. Just wondering if anyone has found a solution?
Hi,

Please refresh your game files. Instructions for Steam or for GoG.

If you are using Stardew Valley 1.5.5 or 1.5.6 then you need to install SMAPI 3.13.2

FifilaFiffe

Newcomer
Thanks, I've managed to get the vanilla game running, but not SVE - I think there's a problem with PyTK needing an update?