Windows Entire world jitters when screen is scrolling

Shirt

Greenhorn
Whenever the screen scrolls due to player movement, the entire world seems to 'jitter' for lack of a better term. The best way to describe it would be that when you in one direction and focus on, say, a tree, it appears to ever so slightly vibrate back and forth, parallel to the direction of movement. As every object on the screen is doing this (possibly the ground as well, it's hard to tell), it creates a faint strobing effect, which is highly unpleasant to deal with over long periods of time.

I have attempted changing the game resolution, enabling/disabling v-sync, using different display modes (windowed fullscreen, windowed, fullscreen), setting framerate limits, enabling/disabling freesync on my monitor, and even attempted using different monitors, but the problem persists on all of them, only varying slightly in intensity.

While I can't be certain this is a bug and not simply how the game happens to look on Windows, I have not experienced this issue on either Switch or Mobile, and I have not experienced it in other games, even ones with similar graphical styles. If anyone has advice or solutions they would be greatly welcome, as I cannot play on Windows due to this.

Jesi-Jess

Greenhorn
Game/Specs;
Stardew Valley 1.6.2 through Steam
Windows 10
Intel Core i7-8700
Nividia GeForce RTX 2060
16 GB Ram
Idk if I need anything else.

Came here to look to see if anyone is having this exact issue for a fix. Made an account to say what is going on as I was having no problems playing the game up until today. I've never experienced this before in all my years of playing, and it doesn't matter if the game is modded or not as I've tested it in everyway and it's just the base game doing this. It only happens on the parts of the game where the screen will 'scroll' as the player moves (so static indoor areas such as the starting house are not affected).

Tried all the fixes I could; uninstalling and reinstalling, restart my pc, reinstall that XNA stuff, driver updates and settings, display settings for anything. None of it helps and it still persists.
The only notable things that happened today before I started to try and fix;
- Steamworks Common Redistributables updated when I got on pc.
- Went to play the game later and noticed the issue.
- Then noticed Nvidia driver needed to update, so I did so but the problem was still there.

Nothing else needed to update or was changed before hand so I don't know what is going on. I sadly have severe motion sickness issues so even trying to play like this for a few minutes I become really ill, so I am really not sure what to do here other then not to play. If anyone has a fix please let me know, I will keep looking for a solution and if I find some kind of fix I'll post.

Jesi-Jess

Greenhorn
Posting a reply to say I updated to 1.6.3 along with Steamworks Common Redistributables which updated with it and the issue still persists.
I can't seem to find a way to make it stop and I can't play long enough to see if it goes away after awhile either because of the motion sickness.

Updating: So after trying to trouble shoot with Myuu in the discord (tysm again btw), I found out this is not just a stardew issue but happening for my entire pc (just 2d games made the issue much more visible then others). The cause is my display tablet (for drawing) seemed to become faulty at the same time this all happened. Even fixing it's drivers did nothing, the only thing to get rid of the stuttering was to unplug the tablet fully. And it was not my pc not being able to handle the monitors as it was fine for years doing so up til this point (also I now replaced it with a regular monitor and again no problem). So if you are experiencing the stutter it might be worth trying to fully unplug monitors/displays to check and see if a faulty display actually causes the issue!

There could also be other solutions I am not aware of of course but this is what helped mine so wanted to share! <3

Last edited: