Elliot Ten Heart Event Glitch

Minxieminu

Greenhorn
So, I worked in getting Elliot to ten hearts for a week. I finally got the letter for the event and went down the same day. When I entered the beach the cutscene “began”. Elliot said, “Hey,” which is how the cutscene starts… but the scene ended and I’ve been going down to the beach everyday from Spring 25 (the day I got the note) to Spring 27 and nothing has happened. Who do I contact for this because already three days have passed. Please help, I don’t want to have to re start. (Also this is on Nintendo Switch Lite)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Are you sure you didn’t press a button to skip the cutscene accidentally?

and if you saved that day and it didn’t work on subsequent attempts I don’t think you’ll ever be able to view it again without making a new save file.

Minxieminu

Greenhorn
Maybe…but the thing is, I can’t kiss him. So maybe I skipped it. I’m not sure. If so, then I’ll just wait to but the Mermaid thing and then maybe it should be “normal”. Can you marry Elliot without the ten heart event.

Minxieminu

Greenhorn
that’s good to know. So then I won’t worry to much. I may have skipped it. Thank you guys for the help. I’ll save gold to buy the mermaid thing and then everything should be “normal” (:

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I am told there is a way to remove an event from your save file, so you can see it again (or for the first time with a glitch like this) but it requires getting into the XNB or using SMAPI (the program addon that lets you use mods, though I don't think you need to add actual mods beyond SMAPI). It sounded waaay too daunting for me.