Elections are coming up...

Bawby

Planter
And Lewis decides he's had a good run. Who steps up? Is Robin too busy? Demetrius taking bold steps in cutting edge scientific breakthroughs? Clint mumbling and sweating profusely during every speech? Young Sam adding voter fraud to his list of crimes? Bitter smear campaigns amongst the Drawf, Krobus, and Trash Bear camps? Thoughts please!

Lew Zealand

Helper
A young (OK, ...ish) Farmer who already has a stranglehold on the local economy and is ruining inflation rates through flooding the market with high-quality Ancient Fruit and the occasional 78 bushels of Blueberries while supplying enough Wine to run the Bottled Water business out of town has rather a strong incentive to maintain the status quo.

So she supplies the Ranch owner with enough g from Hay sales and the occasional Pig purchase, while occasionally gifting some fetching homemade clothing to keep the local politician interested in the town's success. She makes sure Mr. Mayor's secrets are kept as long as her tax breaks remain, along with the person who arranged those in the first place. She is also aware of the dry merchant who enjoys his business dealings with the Mayor and lucrative side venture which seems to keep him in business (and the Mayor in tax revenue) rather better than the marginal produce he never seems to sell. Ms. Farmer wouldn't want that home-grown success to founder, now would she? She's also aware of the shifty scientist in the mountains who's training quite the cute protege to take over the world with a VTOL AI combination vacuum sealer/electric shaver. The licensing on that tech is shaky at best but nowadays everyone's just nutty over the inventors once they misspelled "totally-not-a" as "AI". Simple keyboard mistake but now it's making millions in patent returns and Mr Mayor won't see any of that if he retires.

There are loads of other crosshatched shady deals in town that bring in public money so I can maintain my tax-exempt status deal and don't have to work that blasted farm field anymore ah, erm... contribute my fair share. Whew! Just maintaining all those secrets is practically a full-time job. Takes all my free time to where I barely have 14 hours a day left over for the simpler things in life like gardening (...), harassing the hardworking townsfolk, ignoring everyone at the Saloon on Friday, loitering aimlessly in the town square, visiting the lonely money in the Community Center vault, on and on.

Sigh. Maybe I could find something else to do with my time....

Bawby

Planter
A young (OK, ...ish) Farmer who already has a stranglehold on the local economy and is ruining inflation rates through flooding the market with high-quality Ancient Fruit and the occasional 78 bushels of Blueberries while supplying enough Wine to run the Bottled Water business out of town has rather a strong incentive to maintain the status quo.
Okay, awesome! :laugh: Maybe Lewis always wanted to retire, but grandpa ran things the same as the young farmer. 🤔

Godkin

Planter
Whoever it is, at least it is not the person who ordered us to build the CC alone or someone who was involved in absorbing aid funds as has been heard from gossip. <`ヘ´>

Sigrah

Farmer

So she supplies the Ranch owner with enough g from Hay sales and the occasional Pig purchase, while occasionally gifting some fetching homemade clothing to keep the local politician interested in the town's success. She makes sure Mr. Mayor's secrets are kept as long as her tax breaks remain, along with the person who arranged those in the first place. She is also aware of the dry merchant who enjoys his business dealings with the Mayor and lucrative side venture which seems to keep him in business (and the Mayor in tax revenue) rather better than the marginal produce he never seems to sell. Ms. Farmer wouldn't want that home-grown success to founder, now would she? She's also aware of the shifty scientist in the mountains who's training quite the cute protege to take over the world with a VTOL AI combination vacuum sealer/electric shaver. The licensing on that tech is shaky at best but nowadays everyone's just nutty over the inventors once they misspelled "totally-not-a" as "AI". Simple keyboard mistake but now it's making millions in patent returns and Mr Mayor won't see any of that if he retires.

There are loads of other crosshatched shady deals in town that bring in public money so I can maintain my tax-exempt status deal and don't have to work that blasted farm field anymore ah, erm... contribute my fair share. Whew! Just maintaining all those secrets is practically a full-time job. Takes all my free time to where I barely have 14 hours a day left over for the simpler things in life like gardening (...), harassing the hardworking townsfolk, ignoring everyone at the Saloon on Friday, loitering aimlessly in the town square, visiting the lonely money in the Community Center vault, on and on.

Sigh. Maybe I could find something else to do with my time....
Eh, sounds like way too much time and effort. Better to just elect Clint as mayor, he's so dumb that Lewis convinced him to pay "taxes" every Saturday year round. He'd be the perfect puppet to exploi...er...I mean...lobby to keep your tax free status going. A few gems here, some lessons on picking up women there, a simple talk about how being mayor means no more blacksmithing work, and boom: Tax free for life.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Caroline or Jodi. I don't think Caroline wants it, she's too into her quiet tea ritual and free time, but I think Jodi would find her house organization skills applicable and she desperately needs to remember that she can go out and do things and a few beach days aren't quite it.

Plus Kent also needs something to do but I get the impression he'd rather be the person the boss delegates work to instead of the boss.