Android eekee's mobile bug thread

eekee

Newcomer
A few things bother me on Android 1.5, so I thought I'd report them here. The interface works very well for the most part; it's just these few things which might want cleaning up.

Tapping on a coffee plant to harvest it won't work if coffee beans from the adjacent plant are passing in front of it. This throws me off and/or slows me down. I think it's only coffee plants, I don't recall having the same trouble with anything else.
EDIT: It's not just coffee. It just happened with hot pepper plants too.

When Willy's boat is waiting for repair materials, I can't get a reminder for the boat's materials. Tapping on the exclamation marks for the anchor and ticket machine reminds of the materials needed for them, but tapping on the boat's exclamation mark does nothing. If you're not supposed to tap on the exclamation mark, then, well, I think it would be more intuitive if you could.

For a long time, I thought the sewing machine didn't work because it's so fussy about how you put materials in. You have to drag them and drop them carefully into the right places. If you tap, like you can with many other inventory slots, it will accept and immediately reject the item, returning it to your inventory. This gave me the impression that I was supposed to do something else first, perhaps something to do with the clothes on the left of the machine.

When your partner is in bed and the cat is sleeping on the bed, it often takes several taps to get into bed. You have to hit such a small spot that it's impossible to get right every time.

EDIT: I went back to the game and immediately found a new one and got reminded of more already! ;) But I think this really is the lot.

If you plug in an external keyboard, the game will crash. Not the only app this happens to, and not important for me, I don't use a keyboard with the game. I just thought I'd report it with the rest.

The worst bug ;.; (lol) Saplings are treated as weeds! If I tap on a sapling, it will be slashed down with the scythe. I can't remove weeds or grass near a sapling, it will be destroyed! This isn't nice with common trees, but it's really unpleasant with mahogany trees whose seeds are so rare. At one point, of the 12 mahogany trees I'd managed to plant, 7 had been accidentally destroyed.

If you're planting, harvesting, putting stuff in preserves jars, or doing anything other than walking around and you zoom in or out, you won't be able to carry on doing what you were doing until you move. The game won't respont to tapping on adjacent soil, plants, jars etc. You have to tap far enough away from yourself that you move. After you move, tapping works normally again.

I think that's all. I'll post again if I find anything else

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
A lot of the issues you mentioned are ones to do with the tap to move feature which is very buggy. I would recommend swapping to a different control scheme with no or little reliance on tap to move such as ‘joystick, buttons, and tap to move’

Ereo

Helper
The saplings thing is not a mobile bug. I think it’s intentional, but at least it is like that on all systems. In the first growth stage they will be destroyed at the scythe and don’t yield anything, the bigger saplings need the axe and yield a small amount of wood.