Dynamic seeding??

Hi, could somebody explain how dynamic seeding works to me? I was told I’d have to brute force it since I play on the switch but I have no idea what that means.
For context, on a pre-existing save file I’m looking for the work boots, but they’re the rarest footwear if you don’t remixed bundles and I’ve spent probably 20 real hours fishing. It’s like the only thing I need to have pretty much every item in the game and id love to get them before 1.6 comes out on consoles.

So I’d appreciate all the help I can get!!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
@FilthyGorilla were you the one that mentioned this???? If so I’m still looking for an explanation because I grinded 4 hours today alone and still don’t have the boots
Yeah I can explain it, and definitely don’t fish for them, it’ll take like 100 hours on average or something stupid.

The way dynamic seeding works is pressing “new save” on the title screen. You then go to advanced setting and type in whatever seed you want (or a random one if you don’t have a specific one. In this case you will also want to press the remixed bundles check too).
Now before creating the file, just leave the menu back to the main menu and load up whatever save you want to have the new seed. And done.
Now create a new cabin and character in multiplayer and then make that character go and open all the chests. On any platform besides switch this would be where you get the boots as you would enter a seed known to work but on switch the seeds work differently and I don’t think anyone has a comprehensive list so you are going to have to keep entering random seeds with new characters until you get them.

Ask any questions you may have and I’ll clarify

Ask any questions you may have and I’ll clarify
Alright. So I have to make an entirely new character? I can’t use a pre-existing character that hasn’t gone to mines at all yet?

That kinda sucks for me since all my farmhands have spouses, fully upgraded spouses, kids, and fully decorated houses but anything for those boots I guess

Last edited:
Also, do you have to make the cabin specifically after the seed thing or can you make the cabin a day before and just not make the character until after the seed thing?

I don't have anything to help you, just showing you some luv. Good luck girl, try not to lose your mind
Thank you so much, but it’s a little late for that. I’ve already spent about 60 hours fishing for these goddamn boots, I have 2 and a half chests filled with the junk I’ve collected and this has troubled me for two years straight. 💀 (Literally my second post on here was about the boots.)

@FilthyGorilla I’m testing it on one of my old farms right now and it’s not working whether I build the cabin the same day or not.

To clarify, all you need to do when making the seed is options>remixed mines>random seed I enter>ok>and then I exit out?? Is there anything else I could be doing wrong??

Edit: well the file is duplicated so I definitely did something right but I’m still getting leather boots on level 10

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
@FilthyGorilla I’m testing it on one of my old farms right now and it’s not working whether I build the cabin the same day or not.

To clarify, all you need to do when making the seed is options>remixed mines>random seed I enter>ok>and then I exit out?? Is there anything else I could be doing wrong??

Edit: well the file is duplicated so I definitely did something right but I’m still getting leather boots on level 10
You don’t press “ok”, you shouldn’t be creating the new farm, just entering info for it.

@FilthyGorilla sorry for constantly bugging you but it’s not working on any save I try including ones where I originally set up remixed mine bundles
Are you sure that it wasn’t ever patched on the switch?? Is there also a video where I can see someone exactly do it? Again, I know the seed should be working because the file is duplicating every time I try but I always get the same mines reward.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
@FilthyGorilla sorry for constantly bugging you but it’s not working on any save I try including ones where I originally set up remixed mine bundles
Are you sure that it wasn’t ever patched on the switch?? Is there also a video where I can see someone exactly do it? Again, I know the seed should be working because the file is duplicating every time I try but I always get the same mines reward.
It's not patched on switch but the way the remixed versions work may be different. Honestly you may just want to spawn it in when 1.6 comes to switch so long as the new item ids are added regularly.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Wait item id’s will work on switch in 1.6?????
Maybe, maybe not, they are being changed up but they may or may not be implemented for the console versions, they were only taken out because if I recall they were causing crashes and the companies behind the consoles didn't want that or smt?
It all really comes down to what Ape or the companies themselves have decided and if using the ids is more reliable than it once was

Maybe, maybe not, they are being changed up but they may or may not be implemented for the console versions, they were only taken out because if I recall they were causing crashes and the companies behind the consoles didn't want that or smt?
It all really comes down to what Ape or the companies themselves have decided and if using the ids is more reliable than it once was
Alright well thanks for the help. Honestly I’ll just probably wait until 1.6 to see what happens and go from there. Maybe the work boots and I were never destined to be…