Dwarf as a roommate.

tomaO2

Planter
I think this would be a nice addition! Maybe he can move to the farm cave!
Dang it. I just thought of this idea, and I was going to post it.

Anyway, if this is done, I think it would destroy whatever is currently in the cave, but maybe the dwarf would give you some ore every day instead? Maybe there should also be a direct tunnel to the mine from the cave, not that you need another one. Also, since the dwarf isn't in the house, I feel like this would mean you could have both the dwarf roommate, and still be able to marry.

Last edited:
Anyway, if this is done, I think it would destroy whatever is currently in the cave, but maybe the dwarf would give you some ore every day instead? Maybe there should also be a direct tunnel to the mine from the cave, not that you need another one.
That's a good idea to balance it out. Plus, the fruit from the bat cave isn't as useful after Year 1, and there are multiple alternatives to the mushroom cave now. Sacrificing them for the Dwarf wouldn't be too big of a loss. I don't feel like another tunnel to the mine would be necessary at all, but easy access to the Dwarf's shop before a Skull Cavern run would be cool!

Also, since the dwarf isn't in the house, I feel like this would mean you could have both the dwarf roommate, and still be able to marry.
This, I could see being an issue since the game isn't designed for a roommate and a spouse. It might throw off the balance and would be more difficult to implement. Of course, moving the Dwarg to the Farm Cave instead of giving them a room like Krobus would already be changing a lot.

I think this would be a nice addition! Maybe he can move to the farm cave!
I dont care much about the dwarf as roommate. But I would like to see a way to expand the farm cave.
There are some cool mods for this....
If the dwarf is part of an more official farm cave extension like in the mods I am fine with this.
:grin:

LRangerR

Local Legend
Ha, though seeing him shoved off in the farm cave would make me so sad, maybe a cave inspired room like krobus' sewer room, without the smell though please
Honestly I think making the cave forr the dwarf would be too much unnecessary programming for CA. As cool as it would be, I think that expanding the current spouses or simply moving the dwarf shop into the house would be enough. I would love either out come

stardew_luv

Farmer
Honestly I think making the cave forr the dwarf would be too much unnecessary programming for CA. As cool as it would be, I think that expanding the current spouses or simply moving the dwarf shop into the house would be enough. I would love either out come
Yes I love this idea! And I mean if we accept a sewer in our home for love of Krobus, I think a dwarf cave as a roommate room would be much more pleasant. Maybe a drippy roof but no crappy smell. Wouldn’t it be all glorious and Stardew harmonious if you could take both in and they finally learn to live as friends and roommates in mutual apologies and acceptance. 🥰 I doubt it but one can hope we can find peace from war in Stardew since we can’t irl world. 😞

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Honestly I don't think it would be too hard, probably in line with the difficulty of making a new spouse room. You could have an edited dwarf room just put in the same space as the cave as a new map so you'd sacrifice the bat/mushrooms.

The difficulty would more be in the finer details like more expansive dialogue which CA has said is a slow going part of the game before.

Definitely don't think it's coming but it's funny to think about

Honestly I don't think it would be too hard, probably in line with the difficulty of making a new spouse room. You could have an edited dwarf room just put in the same space as the cave as a new map so you'd sacrifice the bat/mushrooms.
Maybe they could keep the fruit bats/mushrooms, but a treasure chest could spawn instead of the mushrooms/fruit randomly as a little added bonus to reflect the coins and treasure chests that are all over in the Dwarf's original room.