Does dinosaur function like wine ?

Anthonygood

Farmhand
Hello all. I been avoiding a cop mostly. But I heard dino eggs take 7 days to turn to mayo and sell for a lot of gold.

Do you think dinosaur eggs make the coop lucrative and should I pair it with wine or..should I skip the coop altogether?

Is it profitable ?

Thanks in advance.

Boo1972

Farmer
Dino eggs are great. Sure the Dinos take a while to lay eggs but the mayo takes the same time to make as regular mayo- less than a day. I’d get a coop for end game reasons. You’ll need duck mayo and rabbits foot and Dino mayo. I would say coops are not the money maker wine is but there are other uses.

Just in case you’re still on the fence, a rabbits foot can get you a permanent luck boost

redbobcat

Rancher
Wine is more profitable, especially once you start growing ancient fruit in a greenhouse. But coop and barn animals will give you profit during winter time when seasonal crops are out, for example. Plus, as mentioned, you do need some items from coop to complete bundles, for cooking, and for some quests. I think skipping the coop completely might actually hinder you.

Lew Zealand

Helper
As mentioned, you need the coop to finish some bundles so you could either demolish it afterwards or if you find a dino egg, expand it and maybe keep a bunny and chicken for clothing and eggs for cooking. Mayo the dino eggs for fun and profit.

Honestly, my new farm will likely have a coop full of dinosaurs. Only makes sense for a wizard to own such. And turning their eggs to mayo is worth it to me, but not on an optimized spectrum.