Does anyone know a good way to get a prismatic shard without going into the skull cavern?

Chaya7

Planter
I am halfway through my sixth "year." I have never yet seen a "mystic node." I only began seeing "gem nodes" in the mines after my third year, and not one has contained a prismatic shard. In one of the five or six games I've played over the years, I saw one mystic node in the quarry, which had a prismatic shard. Just a couple of days ago, a monster down in the lava levels of the mine dropped a prismatic shard for me. Fish ponds with trout in them are supposed to produce prismatic shards. I tried that for three years and then gave up, restocking with sturgeon.

Honestly, unless you are a very lucky person (I am not), the skull cavern may be your only bet. There are plenty of them there. I have so many now I don't know what to do with them.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Agreed with Journi, there's a chance you could get a prisma shard after you unlock the quarry. There was always at least one mystic stone whenever I would unlock my quarry, which has a higher chance of giving a prisma shard when you mine it.

There is a very very small chance of getting a prismatic shard from regular enemies in the mines, so if anything, I'd just... fight a lot. Fight a lot and fish a lot since it can appear in a chest too. Honestly most of my prismatic shards came from fighting normal enemies

Cptldsilver

Planter
You could buy omni geodes from the Oasis in the desert and eventually you would get a prismatic (1/250 chance). You'd need about 750 omnis to have a 95% chance of getting at least one. That would cost you about 250K. Probably not worth it lol.

Of course you'd still have to sit there and open all those geodes too which is a major pain...

Sopoaku121

Cowpoke
I just suddenly get it when slashing monster in standard mines. I was so happy when i get ones. Oh, and when get it, i advice to change it to Galaxy sword, cause you can duplicate it in crystalarium.

shelchang

Greenhorn
My first was from the quarry, and I found my second one while clearing out the mutant bug lair. Very RNG dependent, but you don't necessarily have to go to skull cavern to get one.

Peggy77

Sodbuster
I got one from the very first Mystic Stone I found in the quarry but have found three more mystic stones since that didn't have a Prismatic Shards.

But I have gotten two or three more by fighting in the regular mines once I have already finished all 120 levels.