Issue Does anyone can help me with this issue? Event script error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

lfl

Newcomer
I am playing MacOS, and the game version is 1.5.6.
When I was playing the Moonlight Jellyfish Festival, I clicked sail the boat, my game got stuck, and then the festival stopped and I was transported to my door. I've recently added a few custom NPCs, and I'm guessing it's their problem. But I'm not sure. Would you mind taking a look and giving me a clue? I am very appreciate it!

SMAPI showed that:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at StardewValley.PathFindController.moveCharacter(GameTime time) at StardewValley.PathFindController.update(GameTime time)
at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location, Int64 id, Boolean move)
at StardewValley.Character.update_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures>(Character this, GameTime time, GameLocation location)
at StardewValley.NPC.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location)
at StardewValley.Event._checkForNextCommand_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.CustomCompanions>(Event this, GameLocation location, GameTime time)
at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time)

Here is the link of my log: https://smapi.io/log/efa9cbf0f20646439e88c050f1fd3d29
(Sorry I have too many mods)

Thanks for the log. Yea, it looks like you have a lot of potential suspects editing the Jellyfish festival:

Code:
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)OpenFire' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)Belos' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Sex transfer to Abigail2' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) Make Marlon Real' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) Desolate' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Milk dog Alex2' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)Sunny' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Playboy Sam2' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) Moth' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Minu' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) NPC Eugene' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Lucikiel - New Custom NPC Mod (King's Raid)' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Yandere Elliott Expansion' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Jas & Vincent Teens Dialogue Extension' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'The Only One For Me' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'NPC Figg' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)BuWangYu' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) NPC Rydell' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'WizardMarriageMod' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) NPC Alune' content pack).

05:12:58    ERROR    game    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at StardewValley.PathFindController.moveCharacter(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.PathFindController.update(GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Character.update(GameTime time, GameLocation location, Int64 id, Boolean move)
   at StardewValley.Character.update_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.AlternativeTextures>(Character this, GameTime time, GameLocation location)
   at StardewValley.Event._checkForNextCommand_PatchedBy<PeacefulEnd.CustomCompanions>(Event this, GameLocation location, GameTime time)
   at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
05:12:58    ERROR    game    Event script error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
05:12:58    ERROR    game    In event #0 for location Beach
05:12:58    ERROR    game    On line #6: faceDirection spouse 2
05:12:58    ERROR    game    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
All those mods in the first half of the error snippet; you should remove 1/2 of them. Then test if it works; then slowly add/remove mods til you can narrow it down further.

lfl

Newcomer
Thanks for the log. Yea, it looks like you have a lot of potential suspects editing the Jellyfish festival:

Code:
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)OpenFire' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)Belos' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Sex transfer to Abigail2' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) Make Marlon Real' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) Desolate' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Milk dog Alex2' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)Sunny' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Playboy Sam2' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) Moth' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Minu' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) NPC Eugene' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Lucikiel - New Custom NPC Mod (King's Raid)' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Yandere Elliott Expansion' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'Jas & Vincent Teens Dialogue Extension' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'The Only One For Me' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'NPC Figg' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP)BuWangYu' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) NPC Rydell' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the 'WizardMarriageMod' content pack).
04:32:50    TRACE    SMAPI    Content Patcher edited Data/Festivals/summer28.zh-CN (for the '(CP) NPC Alune' content pack).

05:12:58    ERROR    game    Event script error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
05:12:58    ERROR    game    In event #0 for location Beach
05:12:58    ERROR    game    On line #6: faceDirection spouse 2
All those mods in the first half of the error snippet; you should remove 1/2 of them. Then test if it works; then slowly add/remove mods til you can narrow it down further.
I understand. Will try it soon. Thank you for your help!