• Yes I have to have a list

• Yes my OCD won't let me do it another way

• Who cares

• No let chaos rein

• No I like to do things as they come about

Results are only viewable after voting.

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
I plan ahead every now and then when I play. I can tell you one thing, I certainly save more crops than I used to. I also try to keep my crops tidy, and my chests organized i.e coloured for different purposes such as blue for general items, orange for food, pink for mining related items and so forth.

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I plan ahead every now and then when I play. I can tell you one thing, I certainly save more crops than I used to. I also try to keep my crops tidy, and my chests organized i.e coloured for different purposes such as blue for general items, orange for food, pink for mining related items and so forth.
The chests are my one thing that is lacking. I thought about organizing them by color like you do but I also thought about the color of the product. Green algea green chest blue fish blue chest. Maybe I'll take time out of my schedule to do that today.

Chaya7

Planter
I don't color my chests, but I have a lot of them and I know exactly what is in each chest. Ores and bars plus gifts in one chest, crystals plus gifts in another, fishing equipment and buffs in another, farmer-stuff in another, combat stuff in another, backup combat stuff in another, collections for projects (like the fair or raising fish) in another, and so on and so on. Outside the game, I scribble notes on what to look for or buy, what to do next, who to see, where to go, and so on - because if I don't, I'll forget for sure. My notes look like pure chaos, but they keep me organized.

quirmzi

Sodbuster
I have a list of items I need for the tailoring system on paper, but for regular gameplay I'll do whatever catches my fancy at the moment. My chests are organized, though not by color.

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I don't color my chests, but I have a lot of them and I know exactly what is in each chest. Ores and bars plus gifts in one chest, crystals plus gifts in another, fishing equipment and buffs in another, farmer-stuff in another, combat stuff in another, backup combat stuff in another, collections for projects (like the fair or raising fish) in another, and so on and so on. Outside the game, I scribble notes on what to look for or buy, what to do next, who to see, where to go, and so on - because if I don't, I'll forget for sure. My notes look like pure chaos, but they keep me organized.
I'm actually going to start the task of getting 100% organized today. I have an asteroids notebook and it's going to be filled. Lol. I like your "who to see" list. I wanted to do the birthday list but forgot to put it on my list of things to make a list of. Lol.

Peggy77

Sodbuster
I do colored chests. In one, I keep my tools and the items I need to make things. Stone, ore, coal, fiber, wood, pine and oak resins, etc. (Brown chest)

In another I keep my flowers, both crop flowers and foraged flowers. (Dark pink)

In the Dark Aqua I keep fish and in the Light Aqua I keep my pole, bug brains, bobbers, algae and seaweed, and the beach forageables along with odd fish such as Eels, Blobfish, etc.

There are more but yes, I do organize or I would spend too much time searching for what I need.

As far as organizing my day, it depends on weather, luck and things like NPCs birthdays and holidays. Also on whether I have the ingots and gold to upgrade a tool.

Rocky

Cowpoke
Absolutely. Chests are colour coded and then marked by what they contain. I like to keep at least 5 of each item at gold tier minimum. And they always run in a seasonal cycle

In terms of gameplay I have chests outside of peoples homes containing their loved items (safe spots), I always make a chest that will guarantee a Stardew valley fair win, and I’ll always make sure to keep gold tier cauliflowers for the luau.

In year 1 I always check the travelling merchant for snow yams, crocus and red cabbage to try to rush the greenhouse.

When doing farm layouts I usually design it on excel to see how it all fits together.
47CCFF46-B422-49B5-8913-4747540205D2.png

Xcandixkitx

Farmhand
I do colored chests. In one, I keep my tools and the items I need to make things. Stone, ore, coal, fiber, wood, pine and oak resins, etc. (Brown chest)

In another I keep my flowers, both crop flowers and foraged flowers. (Dark pink)

In the Dark Aqua I keep fish and in the Light Aqua I keep my pole, bug brains, bobbers, algae and seaweed, and the beach forageables along with odd fish such as Eels, Blobfish, etc.

There are more but yes, I do organize or I would spend too much time searching for what I need.

As far as organizing my day, it depends on weather, luck and things like NPCs birthdays and holidays. Also on whether I have the ingots and gold to upgrade a tool.
Yeah I did the math and apparently I will need 30 chests if I plan to keep everything its crazy when broken down.

BlazedSpawn

Greenhorn
Organize or try to organize? :-)

In-game: Mostly we use chests in various colors and locations. For example, we have a "going to town" chest, which holds all the geodes we need to take to Clint. There's a combat chest, with combat-buff foods and bombs.
That chest also holds items to sell to Marlon.
There's another one on the other side of the sales bin that holds the items we always use for the Stardew Valley Fair, along with our contribution to the Luau.

Outside the game: My friend takes notes on paper. I have a spreadsheet or three, a database, and a OneNote notebook.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I am the semi sort of usually organizer. I think I'm organized and then I find I'm not.

I have a printout of everyone's likes & loves so that's organized-ish. I have a sticky note with the best things to toss in the Keg and Preserves Jar. But my farm is more freeform with nary a path and rarely any fences. Chests are also organizedish but I haven't colored one yet, I don't even know how to for sure but I suspect there's a color chooser thingy on the popup when you open one. I should try that.

You know what? I want to be organized but I always feel I'm missing out on some sort of game time if I really put the effort time into reorganizing all my stuff. The only time I've actually planned and reorganized anyeverything is on my Hill Farm as that map exists to thwart the orderly march of progress and appears to be the result of asking Google Translate to convert The Anarchist Cookbook into a Tile Based Farm layout.

It's a gooey brain thing.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I'm a lot like Rocky. I have to color code things. I also keep 5 of everything. I used to keep everything in chests out beside my house. This created a mess as I had around 14-16 chests. Now, I have storage barns - One for seeds and grown produce and foraged items, color coordinate by the season, one for wine making and one for jam/jelly making. I do have chests outside for the fish and keep them near the pond (no reason - just seemed like a good spot). And then my crafting stuff is outside along with the work bench. Might eventually move it but it's convenient for now.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I can't tell you how happy I was to learn you could put signs on the fish ponds. I'm thinking of putting signs for my tapped trees but that seems redundant since I know exactly what is what. But I've seen farms with screen shots of that and it looked cool. I think I saw one sign that had an ax meaning it was trees for cutting wood. I wonder if I can make a sign for my hay fields. Hum...

I can't tell you how happy I was to learn you could put signs on the fish ponds. I'm thinking of putting signs for my tapped trees but that seems redundant since I know exactly what is what. But I've seen farms with screen shots of that and it looked cool. I think I saw one sign that had an ax meaning it was trees for cutting wood. I wonder if I can make a sign for my hay fields. Hum...
Oh, you're definitely not alone. I actually dropped my jaw when I accidentally placed my sign on the pond. I believe it shows how many, too?

Rhiannon

Farmer
Oh, you're definitely not alone. I actually dropped my jaw when I accidentally placed my sign on the pond. I believe it shows how many, too?
It does! How handy is that! I have two ponds of coral so I let them get to 10 and go fish out 9. Now I'm excited to see what signs I can make and put on them!