Dino eggs

Whocaresitsme

Newcomer
Hello I'm new and made a dumb mistake. I gave my first and only Dino egg to Gunther not knowing I could hatch a dinosaur, but now that I know what is the easiest way to get another one? And does anyone sell them as well as an ostrich egg too

Elenna101

Farmer
The most common way to get them is by killing dinosaurs in Skull Caverns.

If you're confident in your mining/combat, that's all you need to know. If you're not, well, one option is to practice and get better at it - there's a ton of good Skull Caverns advice if you do a search on this forum for threads with "Skull Cavern" in the title.
Another option is to get a bunch of jades, trade them for ladders at the desert trader, and then ladder down in Skull Caverns until you find a dino floor. If you don't find one, you can always reset the day, sleep till the next day, and then try again.

I have found dino eggs at worm spots, fishing treasure (luck buffs, magnet, treasure lure, and pirate profession all help), and as forage or loot from dino floors in skull cavern. It can also appear in the crane game.

Pangaearocks

Planter
@Elenna101 covered it well really. You can usually get a few from fishing treasure chests, but the easiest way is to get them from dinosaurs (Pepper Rex) on rare floors in Skull Cavern, or sometimes as a rare enemy on more normal floors there. You need them for the monster eradication goal anyway, and while killing those, you are bound to pick up probably 10+ dino eggs.

Was going to suggest artifact troves too, but after a quick check of the wiki, see that dino eggs can't appear there. Many others can, tho, and it's a good and fairly consistent way to get the otherwise very difficult-to-get Chipped Amphora for example, or Golden Mask.

Hill Myna

Farmer
An excerpt from my Skull Cavern Guide:
Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 3.36.02 PM.png
That screenshot sums up pretty much everything I have to say about the topic, so good luck!

P.S. If you fit into the second category @Elenna101 described, there's a chance that you might find other parts of the Guide useful as well. :)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
An excerpt from my Skull Cavern Guide:
That screenshot sums up pretty much everything I have to say about the topic, so good luck!

P.S. If you fit into the second category @Elenna101 described, there's a chance that you might find other parts of the Guide useful as well. :)
A bit different from the topic but something to slightly edit or just keep in mind about the guide is that prehistoric floors only generate below level 6 in skull caverns at a 2.2% chance per level.

Hill Myna

Farmer
A bit different from the topic but something to slightly edit or just keep in mind about the guide is that prehistoric floors only generate below level 6 in skull caverns at a 2.2% chance per level.
Wow! That's so great to know!

I was going to say: "Where did you find that information?", but then I looked at the wiki page, and the information was there. It definitely wasn't when I wrote the guide (nearly a year ago, yikes!); thanks for informing me @FilthyGorilla!

I will add a quick update to the Changes & Fixes section of my thread. Thanks again! :D

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Wow! That's so great to know!

I was going to say: "Where did you find that information?", but then I looked at the wiki page, and the information was there. It definitely wasn't when I wrote the guide (nearly a year ago, yikes!); thanks for informing me @FilthyGorilla!

I will add a quick update to the Changes & Fixes section of my thread. Thanks again! :D
No problem at all, I think someone I know on the discord updated it too so no problem.

Lew Zealand

Helper
FYI I've been hitting SK and on one of the Prehistoric Floors, I got a Dino Egg just generated on the floor. Not dropped by anything as it was attached to the floor and needed to be Foraged up. Never seen that before!

Hill Myna

Farmer
FYI I've been hitting SK and on one of the Prehistoric Floors, I got a Dino Egg just generated on the floor. Not dropped by anything as it was attached to the floor and needed to be Foraged up. Never seen that before!
Me neither! That's very cool.

And a Bonus Fact for while you're on a Prehistoric Floor: make sure you scythe all the weeds (this can be done with a Sword, Scythe or Dagger), because they can drop Ancient Seeds! This has got to be my favourite easter egg.

Also, what is...Skull Kavern? 🤣

Lew Zealand

Helper
Me neither! That's very cool.

And a Bonus Fact for while you're on a Prehistoric Floor: make sure you scythe all the weeds (this can be done with a Sword, Scythe or Dagger), because they can drop Ancient Seeds! This has got to be my favourite easter egg.

Also, what is...Skull Kavern? 🤣
I will remember that scythe trick, thanks!

My broken branze has for some reason gotten stuck on SK for Skull Cavern when clearly it's SC. I've tried to fight it but it just has too long of a winning streak by this time. I give up!

It's Scull Kavern. Conservation of consonants.