Digging Through Trash

I try to not get caught, but then someone always seems to round the corner a little faster than I expect... Talking about Marnie or Haley walking out of her house at just the right time! I occasionally skip Lewis because he blends in so well with his yard! Thanks @Hill Myna
He really does dress in camo and when I see him anywhere else like under a tree he does not blend in so well. I always wondered why I had a hard time "seeing" him and you have solved the mystery!

Lew Zealand

Helper
That particular Trash can has it in for me. Here's a list of the people who have 'caught' me rummaging through it:

Jodi - Is that were you got the Cauliflower? Yuck!
Sam - I just tossed that Joja Cola, how cheap are you trying to regift it??
Kent - Moldy. Starfruit. Drop and give me 20!
Haley - Ewwwwwww! Gross!
Emily - If you make a Survival Burger from that old Bread, you're gonna need Physical Therapy.
Jas - You smell like Grass. That other kind of grass.
Penny - Pheeeew! Mom smells better after 5 hours in the Saloon!
Leah - So you sell that to Pierre, eh? No wonder it tastes like mush!
Elliot - You keep doing that and you'll end up with crabs in your pockets.

The first mod I'd ever install is one to delete that game asset.

MissDandy

Farmer
Seriously, if Lewis wants me to stop digging though his trash, all he has to do is change out of his camo-clothes when he's "gardening".
He do be hiding for real 😂 Lewis stealth mode activated.
I always wondered why I had a hard time "seeing" him
Yeah I think he just wants to hide so he gan get dirt on your farmer, maybe it makes him feel like he's finally doing something important? (Other than all those super hard mayor duties, of course.)
That particular Trash can has it in for me.
Honestly some of those reactions seem more chill than they should be, don't you think? If I saw someone trying to gift me an item I just saw them pull out of the trash with my own eyes I would seriously ask them to take a shower and rethink their life lol.
She either loves to dress me down or is eyeing the bin herself and thinks I'm a bad possum digging through her staked territory.
Maybe all of the above haha. I wouldn't put it past her.

Actually though the thing about Lewis, it's making me rethink him as a person. Why else would you dress like Luigi? How much does he already know about us? Are we safe? What's he really doing with those "tax" dollars?

MissDandy

Farmer
I think Clint and Alex's trash are the most useful and best so far.
hint: food.

Well.....
The last time I rummaged her trash, I screamed "WOW, that was NASTEEEEEEE."
You know what else is nasty? Her ATTITUDE!!
I don't even care she saw me,
That's the thing, If you're going to do it you have to be confident and shameless lol.

Sigrah

Farmer
Mayor Lewis likes to try and Shane me for digging through trash cans…until I started shaming him at the Stardew Valley Fair by putting his “funny looking purple lettuce” as Marnie calls it in my Lagrange Display.

Nowadays, he doesn’t raise much of a fuss anymore, but if he ever starts up again, I have another shameful item of his made out of pure gold that will start appearing in random, highly visible places that he won’t like one bit.

Ellajoy

Rancher
Mayor Lewis likes to try and Shane me for digging through trash cans…until I started shaming him at the Stardew Valley Fair by putting his “funny looking purple lettuce” as Marnie calls it in my Lagrange Display.

Nowadays, he doesn’t raise much of a fuss anymore, but if he ever starts up again, I have another shameful item of his made out of pure gold that will start appearing in random, highly visible places that he won’t like one bit.
I love that we're literally blackmailing Lewis now. I fully support that
I've done that! And support that fully!

nicodeux

Farmer
Jas - You smell like Grass. That other kind of grass.
You made my day with this one! :laugh:

Like most here, I got caught rummaging in the trash cans by a NPC walking out of the house or entering the area at that very moment. I was also caught by Penny near the museum and Mayor Lewis near his house because they were both in stealth mode for some unspeakable reason. :whistle:

But with my current farmer, I am also caught by Alex on a regular basis. And on purpose.

Every time, I've spoken to him with this farmer, he was rude. It is like he purposely did not use his other texts, like the bragging ones. One day, I saw red and decided to make his life miserable. Now, I give him trash on his birthday. And do you know what is near the dog pen Alex is always standing by?
Trash cans. Two of them.
Every time I see Alex there, I dig through one of the trash cans like "Hey Alex, I'm preparing your next birthday gift!" I must admit that I enjoy his disgusted reaction then. :cool:

Pity I've never found his old pair of barely used shoes that he threw away because there was smudge on it. I'm sure he'd be happy to get them back for his birthday.

Last edited:

MissDandy

Farmer
Like most here, I got caught rummaging in the trash cans by a NPC walking out of the house or entering the area at that very moment. I was also caught by Penny near the museum and Mayor Lewis near his house because they were both in stealth mode for some unspeakable reason. :whistle:
Isn't there also a cutscene where we see Linus digging through the trash? How come all these haters never say anything to him, he digs through trash more than me smh.