Coding Help Dialogue Mod Help - Responding to player based on previous answer to a question

Atlantic Chaos

Greenhorn
Hi all,

I'm working on my first dialogue mod and having some trouble making something work. Essentially, I want the character (in this case, Sebastian) to say something different to the player depending on how they previously responded to a question. I'm using the Modding:Dialogue wiki page as a reference and it looks like this should be possible, but so far I'm failing to make it happen. I'm not sure if it's me missing something in my code or logic, or if it's just not actually possible.

So it starts off with a scripted question and responses:
Code:
"Fri2": "*sigh*... If gas wasn't so expensive, I'd ride my motorcycle to the city today...#$e
                #$q 15/16 Fri_old#So what do you do when you aren't working?
                #$r 15 0 Fri_bad#I farm in my spare time, too. It's relaxing.
                #$r 16 30 Fri_good#I like to cozy up with a good comic book.
                #$r 15 -30 Fri_bad#I like to go shopping. Find new things for the farm, or for me.
                #$r 15 -30 Fri_bad#I love to play sports.
                ",
                "Fri_good": "Oh, really? Looks like we have something in common! Well, did you read the new 'Cave Saga X'? I won't spoil it for you, but oh man...$h",
                "Fri_bad": "Oh... that's interesting. Hmm... Not really my thing, but everyone's different I guess.$u",
                "Fri_old":
                    "$p 16
                        #Hey, if you're bored, feel free to hang out in my room...$h
                        |You probably prefer the small-town life, huh?
                    ",
On a different day (Saturday with 4 hearts), I'd like him to talk to you, but vary what he says based on your choice from this Fri2 question - essentially he mentions reading a comic and if you said you like comics I want him to tell you more, and if you said something else, I want him to respond dismissively. It currently looks like this:
Code:
"Sat4":"I finished re-reading one of my favorite comics last night...#$b
                    #$p 16
                        #Any chance you've got some good recommendations?$h
                        |Not that that interests you, I guess...$s
                    ",
Referring to the wiki example, this should apparently work:
1653313169775.png

But when I test it, he says the first line and then says "16". It doesn't appear to check for the answer code.

Any thoughts on how to make this work?