Meadowlands Farm Devil May Farm (WIP w/spoilers for 1.6)

I was really interested to see Benhimself's Indigo Farm since I haven't seen any Meadowlands Farms other than my own, so I thought I'd post how mine is coming along so everyone can see another take on the new farm.

This is my farm (loosely) inspired by the Devil May Cry games (specifically 4 SE & 5). That will make more sense later on when I can decorate. I'm in Fall of the first year.

I'll add posts here with updates occasionally as the farm develops. Devil May Cry (the farmhouse), Good Neighbor Cabin and Stone Cabin will eventually be upgraded (fully for DMC & GN, twice for Stone). The area over the main crop field will be a dog park/obelisk zone. More sprinklers, silos, beehives, fish ponds, and lightning rods will be added. I'll add a mill, well, and probably another coop eventually.

Overall, I really like the new farm.

Attachments

ArtifactSpot

I was really interested to see Benhimself's Indigo Farm since I haven't seen any Meadowlands Farms other than my own, so I thought I'd post how mine is coming along so everyone can see another take on the new farm.

This is my farm (loosely) inspired by the Devil May Cry games (specifically 4 SE & 5). That will make more sense later on when I can decorate. I'm in Fall of the first year.

I'll add posts here with updates occasionally as the farm develops. Devil May Cry (the farmhouse), Good Neighbor Cabin and Stone Cabin will eventually be upgraded (fully for DMC & GN, twice for Stone). The area over the main crop field will be a dog park/obelisk zone. More sprinklers, silos, beehives, fish ponds, and lightning rods will be added. I'll add a mill, well, and probably another coop eventually.

Overall, I really like the new farm.
Beautiful! 🤩 Can you fish in those ponds? What kind of fish river or forest pond.

Benhimself

Rancher
I hadn't even thought of moving the farmhouse! That's a definitely a cozy little spot for it. Getting to wake up right next to your farm's waterfalls, hmmm.... might be worth that long walk to get anywhere....

I hadn't even thought of moving the farmhouse! That's a definitely a cozy little spot for it. Getting to wake up right next to your farm's waterfalls, hmmm.... might be worth that long walk to get anywhere....
Thanks, I really like it there. And it gives me more space for my future dog park. As soon as I can make a pair of mini obelisks, I'm going to put one beside the farmhouse end of that little bridge below it and another in the mid-level ground just below the farm warp return point. For now, I just add twenty in-game minutes to my return trip from the mines or beach.

Spring, Year 2! I actually took this screenshot because I couldn't find my cow, but I figured I'd update here since I have it.

Said cow just gave birth, so I have another and I'll be getting a pig soon, too. I'll also be updating the artisanal cabin (the Good Neighbor one) again. Since that's where I have all my artisan machines (including kegs), I figure I'll update it fully first so I can just use the cellar in there. You can also see where I'll be building some more fish ponds.

There's a third apricot tree growing below the other two, but the silos block it. I have another one in a chest as well. I keep getting cheap tree saplings from the traveling merchant and from the new prize ticket machine in this save.

I love the way the clothesline fits next to the farmhouse. ^_^

Attachments

Gilgamesh

Farmhand
Spring, Year 2! I actually took this screenshot because I couldn't find my cow, but I figured I'd update here since I have it.

Said cow just gave birth, so I have another and I'll be getting a pig soon, too. I'll also be updating the artisanal cabin (the Good Neighbor one) again. Since that's where I have all my artisan machines (including kegs), I figure I'll update it fully first so I can just use the cellar in there. You can also see where I'll be building some more fish ponds.

There's a third apricot tree growing below the other two, but the silos block it. I have another one in a chest as well. I keep getting cheap tree saplings from the traveling merchant and from the new prize ticket machine in this save.

I love the way the clothesline fits next to the farmhouse. ^_^

hey, how do you get that clothes line next to your house?

Winter, Year 2 and the first day of Spring, Year 3. I think the farms look a lot more interesting in Winter now, with the new crop & the grass remaining.

I finally decorated the Devil May Cry themed farmhouse and Vergil's bookstore/cafe (where my farmer does all his cooking). My artisanal cabin is coming along well and I might move the contents of the workshop (trailer cabin) to it and get rid of the cabin since there's more space in there than I realized. I also set up the dog park during Winter, and adopted two more dogs.

I was going to do a squid pond for the last one, but I have enough squid ink from squid kids and I caught plenty of rainbow trout during the derby, that I decided to give them a try.

I'm going to plant a couple Mystic Tree seeds and finish up the orchard. I also realized that since I put the third upgrade on my artisanal cabin, I can get that farmhand to build Pam a house, since I don't want to bother adding a cellar to the main farmhouse.

As is usual for me, I rushed to fix up Willy's boat for him and then completely forgot it existed for over a year in-game. I'll go to the island soon to (hopefully): start adding banana and mango trees my orchard; get five dragon's teeth; get the deluxe retaining soil recipe; help the marooned minor attain adult supervision. Probably not in that order.

Attachments