Android Cutscenes won't work, can't skip

astro

Newcomer
I'm aware that cutscenes not working on mobile is a known issue, but usually I didn't mind much as I would just skip them and review what I missed on the wiki or on youtube.
However, recently cutscenes have not been playing, and the skip button is not appearing, so I cannot interact with anything at all. The first few seconds of the cutscene still plays, and the characters still do their idle animations, but there is no dialogue or relevant animations.
The first time it happened was during the 'bring Marnie a cave carrot' quest, but I was able to avoid that by cancelling the quest. However, now it's doing it for Robin's 6 heart cutscene, so anytime I enter her house it's frozen, and I can't do anything without force-stopping the game by closing out the tab. This means that I cannot use Robin's shop to build, move, or paint farm buildings, or interact with her, Demetrius, Sebastian, or Maru unless they are out of the house.
Normally I don't mind bugs or glitches that much, but this means I can't use a vital part of the game, and makes it impossible to progress past a certain point. If anyone has any tips on how to fix it, I appreciate it.