Issue Custom furniture mod broken after updating spacecore and json assets

Thanks for the log. Yea, there's currently an issue with CustomFurniture/SpaceCore breaking. I left a bug report for Platonymous on the CF page; since they can narrow it down further, or ping SpaceChase to fix SpaceCore as needed.

But, the furniture seems to all be saved to the: spacecore-serialization.json file.
Within the save folder:

I'd recommend removing the CF mods you have so it doesn't happen again. Then, we'd have to edit or delete the "spacecore-serialization.json" file.
It can contain none CF data; so if you want to send your save folder my way I can double check.
Or just make a backup of the file, and delete it completely.

Quick example data:
spacecore-serialization.json file:
Code:
[{"Key":"/1/1/1/0/17/3","Value":"<Furniture xsi:type=\"Mods_platonymous_CustomFurniture\" -lots of data in the middle- "},{"Key":"/1/1/1/0/17/3","Value":"<Object xsi:type=\"Mods_OtherModItem\" -lots of data in the middle- "}]
Basically, we just need to delete any of the items that are type "CustomFurniture".
We'd start at the {"Key", and end at the curly bracket and comma which separates the next key "},.
If they're all CF items; then the whole file can be deleted.

---
Edit:
Slight follow up, may also need to check spacecore-serialization-farmer.json for any CF items in the player inventory as well.

Last edited:

alwzson

Greenhorn
Thanks for the log. Yea, there's currently an issue with CustomFurniture/SpaceCore breaking. I left a bug report for Platonymous on the CF page; since they can narrow it down further, or ping SpaceChase to fix SpaceCore as needed.

But, the furniture seems to all be saved to the: spacecore-serialization.json file.
Within the save folder:

I'd recommend removing the CF mods you have so it doesn't happen again. Then, we'd have to edit or delete the "spacecore-serialization.json" file.
It can contain none CF data; so if you want to send your save folder my way I can double check.
Or just make a backup of the file, and delete it completely.

Quick example data:
spacecore-serialization.json file:
Code:
[{"Key":"/1/1/1/0/17/3","Value":"<Furniture xsi:type=\"Mods_platonymous_CustomFurniture\" -lots of data in the middle- "},{"Key":"/1/1/1/0/17/3","Value":"<Object xsi:type=\"Mods_OtherModItem\" -lots of data in the middle- "}]
Basically, we just need to delete any of the items that are type "CustomFurniture".
We'd start at the {"Key", and end at the curly bracket and comma which separates the next key "},.
If they're all CF items; then the whole file can be deleted.
Hi, thanks for the help! I've already removed the mods you mentioned, and here's my save file if you want to make any changes

Attachments

Hi, thanks for the help! I've already removed the mods you mentioned, and here's my save file if you want to make any changes
No prob! Thanks for the save; you had quite a few items in the spacecore file, and all but 1 was CF.
So, I deleted those, and left DGA item there.

Only sending the spacecore file; since everything else is untouched. Just replace your old one with this one.

Attachments

alwzson

Greenhorn
No prob! Thanks for the save; you had quite a few items in the spacecore file, and all but 1 was CF.
So, I deleted those, and left DGA item there.

Only sending the spacecore file; since everything else is untouched. Just replace your old one with this one.
The items are gone, tysm! I thought I would have to reset my save lol

Can I install the CF packs again or do I have to wait for a spacecore update or something?

The items are gone, tysm! I thought I would have to reset my save lol

Can I install the CF packs again or do I have to wait for a spacecore update or something?
No prob; I'm happy to help! ^-^

Right now, don't reinstall any of the CF packs. I'd set them aside somewhere SMAPI won't load them.
You'd have to wait for an update to CF, or SpaceCore that fixes this issue before using them again.

The core issue; is that CF mod authors use an index value to tell the mod where on the spritesheet their custom textures are.
Unfortunately, either SpaceCore or CF is currently treating them like vanilla, furniture items.
And, if the modded index value doesn't match a vanilla, furniture item ID; the game will crash.

So, 70% of a CF mod could be fine, but there could be a few items in it that will crash. So, unless you're manually checking every CF pack; it's hard to tell which mod has the potential for a crash.

Doodlee

Greenhorn
Hi, I seem to be having the same issue but I'm not very good with code. I was wondering if I could send you my save file as well and have you take a look? If you have the time to do so that is.
I already deleted all the mods that use CF.

Hi, I seem to be having the same issue but I'm not very good with code. I was wondering if I could send you my save file as well and have you take a look? If you have the time to do so that is.
I already deleted all the mods that use CF.
Howdy, sure thing.
Just make sure it's the whole folder for that save. As the key parts in this case; are the spacecore files next to the save.

Doodlee

Greenhorn
Hey, thanks for offering but it’s fixed now. I’m not sure what exactly fixed it but the traces of the furniture are gone. I deleted all the mods that used CF and CF itself and then installed the AT version of the same mod. I don’t know if it’s because the furniture was still in the game but in a different way? I’m not sure lol