Windows cursor visual glitch

mochieboy

Greenhorn
hi everyone! i tried logging into stardew for the first time in a couple of weeks, but when the game first loads up my cursor is completely invisible (but still works). if i press the windows button and then click on the window again, i can see my cursor, but it's stuck in the clicking animation with the little glove/hand thing. when i load up a save, it's still stuck like that. i've disabled all my mods and uninstalled smapi, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling stardew, but nothing seems to work. any help for fixing this would be appreciated!
image_2024-09-08_114550049.png

SOLUTION: I changed gamepad mode to "force off" in the settings menu and it fixed itself!!! :3

Last edited:

mochieboy

Greenhorn
while trying to fix this, i discovered another issue that may (?) be related -- if i load up a world and go to settings, when i try and scroll down with the mouse wheel it immediately scrolls back up to the top. if i click on the bar on the side and scroll down it works, but the second i let go it starts scrolling up to the top of the settings menu, making it impossible to click anything.
EDIT: this happens with basically any menu that scrolls, making purchasing anything literally impossible and making the bug 10x worse. any help w troubleshooting would be great!

Last edited: