Curiosity Lure

Rhiannon

Farmer
I'm trying to catch that ONE LAST FISH, The Crimsonfish. I got him on my line half a dozen times but he got off, darn thing. I had two curiosity lures I must have found along the way. They are gone now. I read having one can increase my chances of getting him from 18% to 25%. So now I'm trying to find the lures. I've been to the skull cavern three times (died once due to not paying attention). I had lucky lunches in my belly.

Any suggestions?

Lenora Rose

Farmer
If you're having trouble keeping the fish I'd switch to a trap bobber, and not worry about the extra few percentage points for chances for it to appear. No point in getting it on the hook more often if you just can't catch it?

Farrow

Sodbuster
I agree with rose, I'd recommend switching to the trap or cork bobber and eating a high buffing food like seafoam pudding, oceans bounty, or trout soup or fish taco! That'll help you catch it much better

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm trying to catch that ONE LAST FISH, The Crimsonfish. I got him on my line half a dozen times but he got off, darn thing. I had two curiosity lures I must have found along the way. They are gone now. I read having one can increase my chances of getting him from 18% to 25%. So now I'm trying to find the lures. I've been to the skull cavern three times (died once due to not paying attention). I had lucky lunches in my belly.

Any suggestions?
The time you are saving by increasing catch chance by 7% is massively negated by the fact that you can’t catch it and you need to complete sc dives.

Use a trap bobber if you don’t care about quality.

nicodeux

Farmer
Note that Curiosity Lure does not improve quality. Quality Bobber does it.

I agree with fellows above: food buffs for extra fishing skill, trap (or cork) bobber and lot of patience while fishing during summer are your best options to catch Crimsonfish. The slight increase from 18% to 25% bitting chance is not worth it if you have a hard time catching this fish.