Mac Crashing During Gameplay

hebezyle

Newcomer
Hello! This is an issue I've been dealing with since I downloaded the game on my macbook a little while ago. There is no rhyme or reason behind it, nor a discernable pattern. During actual gameplay (not load, launch, or entering new areas) the game will suddenly crash without warning. I have things like SMAPI downloaded to try and mitigate, and I have shutdown everything and reentered multiple times, but nothing seems to work. I cannot find any forums talking about this specific issue either. Anyone know what I can do about this?

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Hello! This is an issue I've been dealing with since I downloaded the game on my macbook a little while ago. There is no rhyme or reason behind it, nor a discernable pattern. During actual gameplay (not load, launch, or entering new areas) the game will suddenly crash without warning. I have things like SMAPI downloaded to try and mitigate, and I have shutdown everything and reentered multiple times, but nothing seems to work. I cannot find any forums talking about this specific issue either. Anyone know what I can do about this?
More detail would help with troubleshooting including
  • what Macbook and macOS are you using?
  • from what source did you download the game (Steam? GOG?)
  • what SDV version is it?
  • does it crash without mods?

hebezyle

Newcomer
More detail would help with troubleshooting including
  • what Macbook and macOS are you using?
  • from what source did you download the game (Steam? GOG?)
  • what SDV version is it?
  • does it crash without mods?
  • I currently use a MacBook Air, Retina, 13 inch, 2019. The macOS is Ventura 13.4.1.
  • I downloaded the game off of Steam.
  • I'm not really sure how to check the version, but if it helps I downloaded it mid-June.
  • I do not have any mods installed and I do not plan on adding any.

wildandblue

Sodbuster
  • I currently use a MacBook Air, Retina, 13 inch, 2019. The macOS is Ventura 13.4.1.
  • I downloaded the game off of Steam.
  • I'm not really sure how to check the version, but if it helps I downloaded it mid-June.
  • I do not have any mods installed and I do not plan on adding any.
Thanks for adding those details. Because it's from Steam, I'll defer to other Steam users here to help you. I use the GOG version and have no issues, modded and un-modded.