Issue Crash while fishing

BeefSupreme

Greenhorn
Hello,

I run Stardew with a few mods, never had any problems so far. But since today the game is constantly crashing when a certain fish is being caught.
I disabled all the fishing related mods to see if it would make any difference, but it didn't.

Here is the SMAPI crash log

mouse

Farmer
Since this is most likely an issue with one of your mods, a (forum) mod will probably move this to the modding support section :) You should be able to confirm this pretty easily if you:
  1. Reset your content files
  2. Rename your Mods folder to anything but Mods
  3. Load your save and try to replicate the issue. (Things may look weird and SMAPI will complain about NPCs and such being removed. Just don't save the game and it will be fine when you put your mods back.)
(I'd still technically consider it modded unless it also happened on a brand new save, but just from how you describe it, it seems unlikely to happen if you load without mods. So it's probably fine to start there! Note that if you've married a custom NPC, you may not be able to load your save at all if you remove the mod the NPC is from. We can still test, it's just a few extra steps to back up save, divorce and continue, hehe.)

liquidcat

Staff member
Hi there! I moved this thread to mod support as you're playing a heavily modded game which might be causing the issue you're experiencing!