Cooking (But better...)

liquidcat

Staff member
I personally feel if it was made into a mini game, it should reward people for doing good instead of punishing them for doing bad! I always envisioned cooking mini game as a rhythm game so the mini game can reward people who did better at it by giving them the food at higher rating while those who didn't do good can still get the normal no star variant so it won't be frustrating for anyone!

I personally feel if it was made into a mini game, it should reward people for doing good instead of punishing them for doing bad! I always envisioned cooking mini game as a rhythm game so the mini game can reward people who did better at it by giving them the food at higher rating while those who didn't do good can still get the normal no star variant so it won't be frustrating for anyone!
Even though the minigames are hard (fishing,Junimo kart). I would love it! Wish me luck at making that stew!

Kurachi84

Planter
1. Sounds great!
2. Hmm, maybe just by cooking stuff would be nice. Not a fan of minigames, especially timed ones, my brains can't handle much pressure.
I catch fish with a mod to skip the minigame, as that's one stressful thing to me, too. And cannot play the minigames in the Saloon, either.
3. Oh boy! That sounds awesome! Reminds me of some older games, where you could screw up some sort of cooking, and get useless stuff from it.
Can't find any, as Google gives me plenty of results with cooking games, not other games with some cooking in it.
But i'd LOVE cooking to be expanded, plus a cooking skill!
I used to have a cooking skill mond, but that screw up my menu screen for some reason.
Having an original cooking skill would be awesome!
I'd love more cooking recipes with it, too, as i'm already doing as much as i can in SDV, like crafting everything, cooking everything etc. so to do it to get better cooking would be great :)
I'd love some new recipe ingredients, and old stuff that's not used to be used, too. Maybe even the fish from the mines!

Maybe the skill would require the player to cook stuff for quests, so it's not almost instantly level 10 with Sashimi and such.
The quests could be from like a primary quests line, so you get to cook each dish to complete it over time.
So as soon as you made Sashimi, for example, you get the next one popping up, and can see it in the quest menu.
I guess that quest line could start with only a few dishes you can make in Spring year 1, and then you gotta wait til Summer year 1 etc. so you need to grow stuff first to be able to level up. Spring year 1 could get you level 1 cooking plus a bit of experience, and then Summer's turn and so on.

goboking

Rancher
While we're on the subject of cooking, I'd like to see the kitchen split from the pantry in the Community Center.

Breakfast Bundle (any four)
  • Omelet
  • Pancakes
  • Hashbrowns
  • Maple Bar
  • Poppyseed Muffin
Dinner Bundle
  • Pizza
  • Eggplant Parmesan
  • Fiddlehead Risotto
  • Stir Fry
Seafood Bundle
  • Fish Taco
  • Shrimp Cocktail
  • Lobster Bisque
  • Crab Cakes
Dessert Bundle
  • Pink Cake
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Blackberry Cobbler
  • Cookie
The reward for completing the kitchen bundle could be doubling the buff duration of food, or perhaps a deluxe refrigerator with expanded storage.

goboking

Rancher
Here's where you lost me. You're forcing the CC to not be able to be completed until the last day of Year 2 at the earliest. Until then I liked the idea.
I'd forgotten that particular recipe came so late. Replace it with Salmon Dinner or any of the other more reasonable seafood dinners then, since gating the CC until the end of Year 2 would be a horrible idea.

This kind of sounds like how cooking works in Rune Factory 4! I think making cooking a skill would be fresh and enjoyable for everyone as long as the minigame wasn't too frustrating. I also think that if cooking was a skill then adding a cooking contest/festival would make a lot of sense and could be really fun! Jodi, Caroline, and Gus could compete with you . If it was hosted in the community center kitchen [maybe similar to the grange display where you make something and it gets judged], then that would also make the community center feel more lively!

ZeFat

Sodbuster
That would prevent people from opening sashimi shops as a coping mechanism due to sashimi-ing their legendary fish away.

The idea of the minigame is solid, but i guess that would negate something thats usefull, like cooking 100 of a specific dish. I usually do this with sashimi since i spend most of my free time fishing different fish to try on different aquarium setups.

Maybe a mid term where you could use the minigame 1st to learn the recipe and if you already found it, you can instantly cook it if you want.

You could get Gus to upgrade your kitchen stove from basic to iridium grade. Add a new seasonal event like a cookout and that would be perfect.

THE GRIM

Tiller
firstly I have and idea , we should have 2 or 3 minigames for food so that would make it challenging so people couldn't make a ton of money out of some simple ingredients, or else they would become millionaires

How complex would the hidden recipes get?
Like milk+potatoes+cheese+pepper+leek=creamy potatoes soup is this too complex
Or shrimp+tortilla+cheese=tacos or is this too simple

PorkChop

Planter
firstly I have and idea , we should have 2 or 3 minigames for food so that would make it challenging so people couldn't make a ton of money out of some simple ingredients, or else they would become millionaires
You should check the top of my post because that is what one of my suggestions is too.