Concerned Ape, please make the drop chances of certain items a little bit more reasonable?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think we are getting at something. Please explain, what "actively clicking the remixed mines toggle" exactly means!

There is a slider, i open the menu with click and drag over the "remixed" option, which is then being displayed. Do i need to further click on anything?
when you create a new save, there is a checkbox for remixed mines under advanced settings. If you don't click this you will always get the same level 10 loot because there is only one option for that loot to be when the remixed mines aren't activated

HaleyRocks

Farmer
when you create a new save, there is a checkbox for remixed mines under advanced settings. If you don't click this you will always get the same level 10 loot because there is only one option for that loot to be when the remixed mines aren't activated
Is it in "advanced game options"? Only a slider i see, for alternating between normal and remixed... The only checkboxes here are for "allowing bundle completion year one" and "mosters attack at night".

Where exactly is that checkbox for remixed mine rewards? This must be exactly what i am missing, here!

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Is it in "advanced game options"? Only a slider i see, for alternating between normal and remixed... The only checkboxes here are for "allowing bundle completion year one" and "mosters attack at night".

Where exactly is that checkbox for remixed mine rewards? This must be exactly what i am missing, here!
Yes, that's the setting I'm mentioning:

"Mine Rewards:"
toggle it to be remixed

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Yes, that's the setting I'm mentioning:

"Mine Rewards:"
toggle it to be remixed
Checked and double-checked. Seed changes to the one i set. Remixed mode never activates.

I am positive your main save cannot change status on mine rewards, retroactively. It probably has to be set on remixed during its initial creation or no game later, i think...

stardew_luv

Planter
Who would want some stinky old work boots that they got out of some big stinky fishes mouth anyways? You guys are weird
🤣🤣🤣 Ok I agree with you and their stats are crappy. However, some people like complete collections of certain items and I can understand their frustrations in not finding them. I have found tons of Living Hats, accidentally without caring cause they are ugly. I always threw them out. Who knew my trash was someone else’s treasure? And a so called rare item at that? We all have our things.

Like, really, who the heck truly cares about perfection. Perfection to me is highly overrated and somewhat egotistical. Endless hours of grinding for golden chickens (there’s far more profitable items out there) and an Ape mask? Turns out a lot of people think it’s this huge deal. I can’t stand Mr Qi and refuse to be his follower in some crazy cult of perfectionism. But again everyone has their thing.

The thing I find most difficult now without mods or high luck are artifact spots (not seed spots,) clay and prismatic shards. I never thought clay would become a treasure but since 1.6 for me it is.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Like, really, who the heck truly cares about perfection. Perfection to me is highly overrated and somewhat egotistical. Endless hours of grinding for golden chickens (there’s far more profitable items out there) and an Ape mask? Turns out a lot of people think it’s this huge deal. I can’t stand Mr Qi and refuse to be his follower in some crazy cult of perfectionism. But again everyone has their thing.
I will give the perfection target one benefit: It makes you do almost everything in the game. I had a brain thing about Cooking and to some extent Crafting so I'd avoided almost all of the former and most of the latter. Finally doing all of those things resulted in more appreciation and less annoyance with both parts of the game. To the point that I'm using Lucky Lunch a lot of the time now when I'd never made it before this save.

It ends up being like the Final Boss of the Community Center. Completing the CC is clearly there to introduce you to various things in the game and how they work, while perfection is there to complete the training you started in the second movie before running off to save your friends. You've now come full circle to replace the master and take your rightful place in the Farmhand pantheon, should you choose to.

And the best part is it's optional. Instead you could cram your farm with Coops n' Barns or the rest of the map with Crystalariums or your house with Mannequins. It's easy enough to ignore but it's always there if you want it, even if only for a bit of late-game inspiration.

stardew_luv

Planter
I will give the perfection target one benefit: It makes you do almost everything in the game. I had a brain thing about Cooking and to some extent Crafting so I'd avoided almost all of the former and most of the latter. Finally doing all of those things resulted in more appreciation and less annoyance with both parts of the game. To the point that I'm using Lucky Lunch a lot of the time now when I'd never made it before this save.

It ends up being like the Final Boss of the Community Center. Completing the CC is clearly there to introduce you to various things in the game and how they work, while perfection is there to complete the training you started in the second movie before running off to save your friends. You've now come full circle to replace the master and take your rightful place in the Farmhand pantheon, should you choose to.

And the best part is it's optional. Instead you could cram your farm with Coops n' Barns or the rest of the map with Crystalariums or your house with Mannequins. It's easy enough to ignore but it's always there if you want it, even if only for a bit of late-game inspiration.
That’s why said it’s not for me, but some people love and/or appreciate it. 😉. I just buy perfection from my Joja friend Mr Fizz. He’s so much better to work with than Mr Qi imho. 😁 Then do whatever the heck I want.

Perfection did make me appreciate cooking and fishing more. I hated both before and even like fishing now. Cooking is good if I happen to have some items that go together and make something. Also if you make or buy coffee at Gus’s if you take it home and put Qi Seasoning in it it lasts so much longer than regular espresso. Fishing in 1.6 with triple catch is fantastic even for making a bit of cash. I used to love to fish in real life until I thought about how much than can hurt the fish so now I fish for fun in Stardew and hurt no live animals. 🥰