Concerned Ape, please make the drop chances of certain items a little bit more reasonable?

HaleyRocks

Farmer
With that, i don't mean not having to work hard for obtaining them... But to be less impossible, running across them!

Items like the Volcano chest drops, are okay. They are rare, need frequent expeditions and have their niche uses (or special builds, like certain weapons).

Items like the Living Hat or Work Boots, are not cool. They do not give the player any advantage at all, other than having their clothing collection completed. The time and effort, literally wasted, for finding them even once, is a real pity; the game has many aspects that players could enjoy, instead. And let's not even touch those being ignorant of drop chances, trashing or neglecting to pick them up. Likewise, it is not very entertaining for somebody to start a brand new save, for the sake of collecting just one (1!) item and the Remixed mine rewards, put you at a dire disadvantage (because the loot is completely random).

You already made Prismatic Shards slightly harder to obtain; why not make the extremely rare items, slightly easier to obtain, on the other hand?

P.S. Since this game has Multiplayer mode already, would kindly requesting/suggesting "Item-Transfer between/across your save-files", or the ability to "trade items with other players", be too much?

Last edited:

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I’m okay with the living hat staying the same; it’s supposed to be this legendary once in a lifetime hat.
The work boots however are not very legendary. I simply think CA doesn’t know how rare they are, it’s not supposed to be that way.
What you say is 150% correct, for another reason also:

Patches of weeds are very commonplace and destroying them in bulk at that, takes little time + effort. You can even cultivate weeds in Ginger Island farm!

Work boots might have ~double drop chance than Living hat, but fishing chests are not 100% guaranteed with each rod cast and that takes a lot of time!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I’m okay with the living hat staying the same; it’s supposed to be this legendary once in a lifetime hat.
The work boots however are not very legendary. I simply think CA doesn’t know how rare they are, it’s not supposed to be that way.
THIS.

What you say is 150% correct, for another reason also:

Patches of weeds are very commonplace and destroying them in bulk at that, takes little time + effort. You can even cultivate weeds in Ginger Island farm!

Work boots might have ~double drop chance than Living hat, but fishing chests are not 100% guaranteed with each rod cast and that takes a lot of time!
Because THIS.

You can farm for the Living Hat fairly efficiently, especially with the new Summer event in v1.6. But there's no good Farming for the Work Boots. Which presents:

A solution

We are all Farmers though some of us more dedicated folk are Farming Barns full of Golden Chikkies and Cindersaps full of Crystalariums. So it seems laughably obvious that after long hours to years of toil on the Farm (I choose hours. OK fine minutes, you know me too well), upon harvesting that final Pumpkin of Autumn, the lucky Farmer finds a little something sticking up out of the soil, uncovered by her hard work. Is it an Artifact Spot? Could be. Is it a worm? Very likely as that's an indication of good soil, but what's that worm guarding so assiduously? In that I don't wanna touch it because they're all slimy. Stupid worm final boss battles.

Nah, it's a packet of something. Ancient-looking something wrapped in burlap, a leftover artifact from a bygone era cast aside by some long ago person who wanted to pay it forward when they found their ancient discovery.

You unwrap the burlap and see an almost familiar little pictogram etched onto old leather:

Work Boots Seeds.png
Work Boots Seeds | Could these still grow?

These need to be a rare drop from Farming or digging up Artifact spots on the Farm, encouraging us to do both to grind with a reasonable chance of getting them.

A solution

We are all Farmers though some of us more dedicated folk are Farming Barns full of Golden Chikkies and Cindersaps full of Crystalariums. So it seems laughably obvious that after long hours to years of toil on the Farm (I choose hours. OK fine minutes, you know me too well), upon harvesting that final Pumpkin of Autumn, the lucky Farmer finds a little something sticking up out of the soil, uncovered by her hard work. Is it an Artifact Spot? Could be. Is it a worm? Very likely as that's an indication of good soil, but what's that worm guarding so assiduously? In that I don't wanna touch it because they're all slimy. Stupid worm final boss battles.

Nah, it's a packet of something. Ancient-looking something wrapped in burlap, a leftover artifact from a bygone era cast aside by some long ago person who wanted to pay it forward when they found their ancient discovery.

You unwrap the burlap and see an almost familiar little pictogram etched onto old leather:

Work Boots Seeds.png
Work Boots Seeds | Could these still grow?

These need to be a rare drop from Farming or digging up Artifact spots on the Farm, encouraging us to do both to grind with a reasonable chance of getting them.
Finally a practical solution I've been looking for!!!!!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I was about to write something and you literally took the words out of my mouth.

the living hat, even if inadvertently, has gotten a legendary status as a super rare item, even if it comes from a super easy to get task (which makes it fun)

Work boots suck, unless you want to dynamically seed and use multiplayer for them, they're a literal dozens of hours endevour for a pair of garbage boots

Again though, @HaleyRocks I can tell you how to get them that way if you don't want to fish, it's overall relatively easy, takes about 20 minutes as opposed to literal dozens of hours

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I was about to write something and you literally took the words out of my mouth.

the living hat, even if inadvertently, has gotten a legendary status as a super rare item, even if it comes from a super easy to get task (which makes it fun)

Work boots suck, unless you want to dynamically seed and use multiplayer for them, they're a literal dozens of hours endevour for a pair of garbage boots

Again though, @HaleyRocks I can tell you how to get them that way if you don't want to fish, it's overall relatively easy, takes about 20 minutes as opposed to literal dozens of hours
I'm all ears. Besides, i already got them in a secondary save, from remixed mine rewards (but i am not very moved to play through the entire game inside-out, again).

Johndeere756

Planter
I actually prefer that some items are so difficult to drop, it gives me something to look forward to and makes it special when you finally get it. That's just me however, I am a very casual player I think.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I'm all ears. Besides, i already got them in a secondary save, from remixed mine rewards (but i am not very moved to play through the entire game inside-out, again).
So basically it'll revolve around a single glitch called dynamic seeding, which is a way to change the seed of your save file midway throughout a game.

It's very simple to do and does not require any save tampering.
1. enter stardew and press new game
2. go to advanced settings
3. enter any seed and press the toggle for remixed mines
4. DO NOT create the save, simply exit the file creation menu without creating that save
5. press load game and enter the file you want the seed changed on

and hoorah, you've done it, you're save file is now changed to the new seed, it is also remixed mines if it wasn't before

Since you may have already looted the chests, just get another player on through multiplayer and have them open all the chests, they should have different loot
You can guarantee what you want by entering a specific seed, or can just redo the process with random seeds until you get the loot you want

HaleyRocks

Farmer
So basically it'll revolve around a single glitch called dynamic seeding, which is a way to change the seed of your save file midway throughout a game.

It's very simple to do and does not require any save tampering.
1. enter stardew and press new game
2. go to advanced settings
3. enter any seed and press the toggle for remixed mines
4. DO NOT create the save, simply exit the file creation menu without creating that save
5. press load game and enter the file you want the seed changed on

and hoorah, you've done it, you're save file is now changed to the new seed, it is also remixed mines if it wasn't before

Since you may have already looted the chests, just get another player on through multiplayer and have them open all the chests, they should have different loot
You can guarantee what you want by entering a specific seed, or can just redo the process with random seeds until you get the loot you want
Wow, thanks a lot! I had read about "changing seed", but i knew neither what that exactly does, or how it can be properly utilized!

But i need to ask; no matter what seed i input, only Leather boots ever drop. Is there a specific seed i must type? Or, am i doing something wrong, since the game doesn't seem like being "remixed mine rewards"?

Last edited:
Dynamic seeding works on switch afaik

Nothing about the process is inherently different, you just have to use different seeds

(I could be wrong though, and you may have already tried this under my advice and I've forgotten about it...)
No I did it and it didn't work (like it duplicated the save but didn't change mine bundles even if I picked remix)

There's no videos that show how it works on switch either

Have you ever done it on switch or watched someone do it on switch? Or is it all just word of mouth? Because I genuinely think it just doesn't work. I remember trying for hours.

Last edited:

HaleyRocks

Farmer
No I did it and it didn't work (like it duplicated the save but didn't change mine bundles even if I picked remix)

There's no videos that show how it works on switch either
I checked the Save game folder to check and the seed, changed indeed to the one i set. But the "Remixed Mine Rewards" did not activate...

I suspect two things:

1) This trick with the new save game without it being created and loading your normal one right after, cannot set Mine Rewards to remixed, unless your original save had those set on "Remixed", as well.
2) C.A. "fixed" it.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I think it's this one because the people on PC that I've watched do this trick set it to remixed at the beginning of the run.
I admit defeat. Soon, i am starting a new save game. Besides, the only achievement i lack, is going the Community Center route. Might as well 100% it, while at it.

Note to self and note to others: Always, put on the Remixed mine rewards, whenever starting a new save.

Hmmm, a fine chance to date+marry every Bachelorette, for collecting their own unique decoration pieces also (and seeing the funny cutscene, when you are being caught)!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Wow, thanks a lot! I had read about "changing seed", but i knew neither what that exactly does, or how it can be properly utilized!

But i need to ask; no matter what seed i input, only Leather boots ever drop. Is there a specific seed i must type? Or, am i doing something wrong, since the game doesn't seem like being "remixed mine rewards"?
Are you actively clicking the remixed mines toggle when creating the new save?

Also you can check if it's working in general through a bunch of methods, though the easiest is probably doing it on a day with the traveling cart and seeing if the cart gives different wares before and after changing the seed

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Are you actively clicking the remixed mines toggle when creating the new save?

Also you can check if it's working in general through a bunch of methods, though the easiest is probably doing it on a day with the traveling cart and seeing if the cart gives different wares before and after changing the seed
I think we are getting at something. Please explain, what "actively clicking the remixed mines toggle" exactly means!

There is a slider, i open the menu with click and drag over the "remixed" option, which is then being displayed. Do i need to further click on anything?