Community Question: What is your favorite skill?

What is your favorite skill?

• Total voters
So we have another round of Community Question! Today's hot topic is: What is your favorite skill among the 5 main skills?

1594088782818.jpeg

¤-Farming
¤-Mining
¤-Foraging
¤-Fishing
¤-combat

Reactions: Jar

Jar

Rancher
maybe split 50/50 between farming and mining . . .
in most games, if they have the option to mine and farm, im prtty happy
Stardew isn't my favourite game in terms of farming, but i do rly like the mining!
i guess that answers it- my favourite skill in Stardew is mining ;D

Fishing has always been my favorite thing to do in Stardew. The mini-game never gets old and the countless types of fish that you can catch is satisfying.
And they added more which makes it all the more fun!
I would go with Combat. Makes the game much more interesting.
So you're more into the mines and probably the wilderness farm, right?
maybe split 50/50 between farming and mining . . .
in most games, if they have the option to mine and farm, im prtty happy
Stardew isn't my favourite game in terms of farming, but i do rly like the mining!
i guess that answers it- my favourite skill in Stardew is mining ;D
That's kind of how I am with fishing.
But I'm a dwarf at heart, so i understand the mining. Lol

Lew Zealand

Helper
Fishing with Farming as a close second. I also like Foraging but I find Mining a chore and I simply never do enough Combat to get a high skill in it. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't do it enough.

Fishing with Farming as a close second. I also like Foraging but I find Mining a chore and I simply never do enough Combat to get a high skill in it. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't do it enough.
Understandable. I actually thought asking this would yield some interesting results. Reason why is -among other things- I dont have a true favorite skill. I enjoy them all! And depending on my playthrough, I may favor some more than others.

Lew Zealand

Helper
You know what the worst thing about Fishing is? In late game it makes next to no money as Farming is king by then but I still love Fishing. Now, that's not bad except I keep thinking I could be doing something else to make more money. I think I'm a closet min/maxer who's too lazy to commit to the rigors of real min/maxing. The game seems too chill for me to really go down that route.

Seriously, it's Fishing. Chillaxin' time. :fish2: :cool: :bored: :willy: :fish:

You know what the worst thing about Fishing is? In late game it makes next to no money as Farming is king by then but I still love Fishing. Now, that's not bad except I keep thinking I could be doing something else to make more money. I think I'm a closet min/maxer who's too lazy to commit to the rigors of real min/maxing. The game seems too chill for me to really go down that route.

Seriously, it's Fishing. Chillaxin' time. :fish2: :cool: :bored: :willy: :fish:
Pretty much. Lol
Most tend to use fishing as the REAL early on money maker. Spring is more or less the time to fish and slowly raise farming. And then after that it's all farming.

havok

Greenhorn
Fishing is definitely my favorite of the skills, though I find myself doing less and less of it. Close 2nd would be mining/smelting.

Fishing is definitely my favorite of the skills, though I find myself doing less and less of it. Close 2nd would be mining/smelting.
It's one of those skills that is fun to raise, makes good money starting off... but it can get old. And eventually other methods tend to outdo the money side of fishing. Like farming.

My favorite skill is foraging, I even do at my save files a day called forage-it day or "yom halaket"
Foraging is becoming fun to me. I used to think of it as a chore. But it's grown on me and I find it fun to tour Pelican Town and find all sorts of fotagables. As well as chopping trees. I try to refrain from destroying trees outside of my farm.

I'm surprised to see how many people like foraging. I've learned to love fishing, but I've always loved chopping down trees.
I'll be honest with you, fishing it where I started and loved it. I grew to enjoy foraging. Farming was a given. Lol

Reactions: Tom