Choose the starting season

FlixerDK

Farmhand
Stardew Valley is in its 5th year and is still a very enjoyable game, but when you've played it for that long and started new farms many times the beginning gets a bit boring and repetitive, especially cause most of the new things added are mid to late game stuff like fish ponds, the sewing machine and the movie theater. But something that would really change up the beginning of the game is if you could pick your starting season. Your whole approach to the early game would have to be different, different starting crops, no strawberries on the 13th, no spring onions but instead you'd have the spa and so on. I don't know how easy or hard it is to do, and you'd have to change some stuff like opening up for the mines and fishing on day one of winter so there's something to do, but I think it would give the game so much replayability that it would be worth it.

Thrawn

Sodbuster
Oh gosh, I would love this.

Starting in the Summer, you'd have two seasons to grow corn and wheat!

Starting in the Fall would be lucrative for money with all the crops and foraging, and have a real sense of urgency because Winter is coming!

Starting in the Winter would be ideal for miners/fishers/fighters- less focus on crops, more focus on getting into the mines or fishing! Starting in the Winter would also be harder for husbandry- you'd have to buy your hay from Marnie!

Potatoes

Farmer
This would be pretty cool. Fall is my favorite season and I would love to start then. I feel like you’d have to work fast though since there is not much time before winter. Or maybe you get some kind of stat or skill bonus depending on what season you decide to start in.