Child NPC & Family Idea

Hachiko_

Greenhorn
Personally I think family and children have had the short end of the stick for long enough so here is a list of my suggestions!

Though the children are cute and fun to sacrifice, they tend look nothing like your spouse or yourself. I strongly believe that your children should look like you and your spouse, it would be cute for your spouse to comment on how much they look like you if they take more of your features, I feel like it would make sense for the children to take after their parents obviously if they aren’t adopted, if they’re adopted I think it would be cool for the appearance to randomized.
Something else that’s cute would be having your toddler be able to grow into a child to be able to go to school with Vincent and Jas having homework ect, maybe having heart cut scenes just like you would with any other villager.
Another thing I would like to add is a family portrait, say someone in the Valley works as a photographer that can take a family portrait for a certain amount of gold. Something cute would be after the movie theater is obtained for you and your family to go for a movie night.
Going on with the child aging past a Toddler maybe depending on your spouses personality it could effect theirs as well, maybe when creating your character you could implement personality traits that would also effect your children in the long run (maybe even if they could be a teenager, have some sort of phase).
I think it would be cute for villagers you have over a 3 heart relationship with to get you cute baby gifts to help out after announcing pregnancy or adoption with spouse (in the saloon, Emily’s kitchen or Caroline’s kitchen just like when they catch you cheating).

These are just suggestions I feel would make players like me happy in a way, so I beg please consider any suggestions I’ve just listed.

Personally I think family and children have had the short end of the stick for long enough so here is a list of my suggestions!

Though the children are cute and fun to sacrifice, they tend look nothing like your spouse or yourself. I strongly believe that your children should look like you and your spouse, it would be cute for your spouse to comment on how much they look like you if they take more of your features, I feel like it would make sense for the children to take after their parents obviously if they aren’t adopted,....
Nice idea. The hair and skin could be calculated as mixture of both parents.

... if they’re adopted I think it would be cool for the appearance to randomized.
Something else that’s cute would be having your toddler be able to grow into a child to be able to go to school with Vincent and Jas having homework ect, maybe having heart cut scenes just like you would with any other villager.
That's quite often suggested but difficult or at least lot of work...
See:

Another thing I would like to add is a family portrait, say someone in the Valley works as a photographer that can take a family portrait for a certain amount of gold. Something cute would be after the movie theater is obtained for you and your family to go for a movie night.
Someone does work as a photographer... :laugh:
Nice idea.

Going on with the child aging past a Toddler maybe depending on your spouses personality it could effect theirs as well, maybe when creating your character you could implement personality traits that would also effect your children in the long run (maybe even if they could be a teenager, have some sort of phase).
I think it would be cute for villagers you have over a 3 heart relationship with to get you cute baby gifts to help out after announcing pregnancy or adoption with spouse (in the saloon, Emily’s kitchen or Caroline’s kitchen just like when they catch you cheating).

These are just suggestions I feel would make players like me happy in a way, so I beg please consider any suggestions I’ve just listed.
As often as aging is suggested already I am sure there will be a mod someday.
Version 1.6.is mainly an upgrade for easier modding (easy to forget with all the new stuff in), so I think we will se more mods soon. :happy: