Creator Response Checklist here - for collectible addicts across multiple games

kailomonkey

Tiller
Hi there. I made a 2 page checklist I intend to use (and now have) across multiple solo games and wish to share it. The idea is to add an optional level of progress when playing more than once. There's no way you can check them all off in one game (without some seriously adapted rules).

Some spoiler warning for the content as it does expose the distribution of some things like fish tokens and artifact/mineral tokens. You could also utilise it for what you individually do even in multiplayer games or as a group checklist across a campaign of multiple games, although there are more interesting house rules out there for campaigns.

Most the lists should take multiple playthroughs and a level of RNG to complete. Some like crops, animals and upgrades should be easier to methodically complete; sometimes in one game. Others like fish caught and especially artifacts and minerals found should pose a challenge or frustration respectively. If you give it a try I'd love to know how you get on!

May continue to get updates that won't be reflected in the filename, but described in replies.

--------------------------------------------------------

Attached: Standard and Illustrated

Attachments

Last edited:

kailomonkey

Tiller
I think you're missing the "restore the museum" goal
Thank you! I'll fix it and update post haste :)

I just printed this out, totally going to see if I can fill it someday! :)
Good luck you'll need it and a lifetime of playing I reckon :P I missed some things noted below if you want to add them yourself or reprint

Edit: File updated
  • Added a grandpa goal I missed as noticed by Blauwfuur
  • Also greyed out the number of players boxes on the goals section to avoid conveying any need to multiplay to complete the whole thing.
  • A Enchanter to the list of Bulletin Board goals as I missed that one too.

Last edited:

DJModulo

Sodbuster
Well well, that is a mouthful of a bucket list :D

Question regarding 'Monsters slain':
Do you just need to resolve that monster's ability, or do you need to encounter it with a weapon ( sword, slingshot etc )?

kailomonkey

Tiller
Well well, that is a mouthful of a bucket list :D

Question regarding 'Monsters slain':
Do you just need to resolve that monster's ability, or do you need to encounter it with a weapon ( sword, slingshot etc )?
Good question because I hadn't thought about the weapons. I intended it as rolling Monster/Skull but it's your list once you have it. So yea resolving is what I intended, weapons definitely, maybe an escape sounding item would not count as slain, or maybe just rolling them is enough in which case maybe 'rolled' would be a better word than 'slain'.

And yea it's a mouthful. I had the idea regarding fish which is probably hard enough, but getting through that artifact/mineral bag will probably drive someone insane...

kailomonkey

Tiller
Thanks again for the feedback. I had left some sections really up to the player to decide, but questions have arisen that indicate some might want to follow the checklist as a defined challenge. I also played with the checklist and decided on a few more things. I've made the following changes.
  • The Monster section now defines slain as resolved (so avoiding a monster doesn't slay it)
  • I removed the Players check boxes from the goals (I personally wanted to record that aspect, but not really as a checklist to fill)
  • I added a Remove Joja tiles goal (as seen in the extended rules)
  • Artifacts/Minerals now just have to be found but the donating of them is an optional greyed checkbox (this was really my original conception and makes this most difficult section a little more obtainable but still the nastiest to finish)
  • The Fishing Chest is now represented by 3 tick boxes (it was a long box for endless counting, which wasn't very 'completable')
  • Swapped Crafting Room and Pantry (I misremembered their order on the board)
I temporarily greyed out and reduced size of the married villager column to make it appear optional but I reversed that, I'm not certain on that point yet. I'm also tempted to change the Harvest columns to show somehow that a quality harvest then no longer requires a normal harvest, but not sure how to clearly but concisely do that!

Finally I have been thinking of putting a list of Festivals to check off. Aside from not having any room left, it's also easy to achieve by simply constructing your season deck how you want to. It just seems like a fun thing to include though. What do you think? Worth adding?

Last edited:

Blauwfuur

Cowpoke
I had a dumb idea: in the video game there are quests for cultivating 15 of each crop or 300 crops total. Just a dumb idea. Trying to collect every item might also be a dumb idea. But just putting it out there.

kailomonkey

Tiller
Not dumb. I could separate out the harvestables to be quality only checkbox for the specific items, then a multibox for number of general spring crops harvested in one year. Maybe 5 or 10 to reach, although I guess with the Watering Can 15 is possible.

Items I've already concluded against checking off. There's just so many and so varied, I don't feel like it would be fun to spoil for myself documenting, and the list would feel messy and long. Others might feel otherwise and are free to make the list, and I'm sure they could become notable and fun too. Perhaps categorising them a bit would make it fun to organise so maybe I'd consider it myself in the future :)

kailomonkey

Tiller
More updates:
  • Rearranged the Harvest section to separate specific quality crops and a generic crop counter per season (harvest 7 of a season in a year to complete, harvest upto 14 as optional extended)
  • Compressed the Fishing section (needed more space for a new section)
  • Festivals section added

kailomonkey

Tiller
Looking back on this, and remembering my experience of using it; it's a lot of bother to record everything. It might be more fun to pick one category that most appeals to you and focus on that.

Also I stopped replaying the board game solo, and started playing the video game again. Discovered updates, played co-op, became a daily twitch viewer... So I didn't get very far on the checklists!

mirasturdivant

Newcomer
Thanks for posting this. I really like the 5 year version on Tabletop Simulator that has ALLLLL of the stuff, so this kind of expansive checklist really appeals to me! I can't waitttt to get my physical copy