Changing the name of your farm

SuperShoku

Newcomer
I'm sure this has been done to death, but I named my first farm from 3 years ago and is something that cannot stand anymore and causing me a bit of grief looking at it (I would explain but its rather personal)

I even started a new save in order to play the update because of it, but I'm quickly realizing just how much work I will need to do just to be able to have everything again. all I really want it to have my perfect gothic farm, something more easily achievable on my old save where I have money and a full upgraded home.

I don't care if it costs a lot of money, I'll happily throw in the gold. Messing with my files is something very risky and I've already had a file scare back when I was first getting into mods.

I've had success changing my farm name on PC by making a copy of my save file first so you can't mess up the save file.

On the copied save file I changed the folder name and save file name (both the same), including changing the number at the end of both to something random (different to any of the numbers on other save files).

Then I opened the save file in Notepad.

You just need to find all instances of the farm name in the file then and change them. You can use the CTRL-F find function.

If you decide to try this and have any questions let me know.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can do it on pc and mobile as they have access to files but not on any consoles.

you have to open your file with a program that can be used to edit it, then simply search your farm name and edit it to the new name. You have to do this for every time your farm name appears in the code and make sure you save after you’re done.