Changing name of item in quest journal

Allayna

Sodbuster
So I'm using Pridematic Shards, a CP mod that changes the appearance and name of the Prismatic Shard.
I noticed that the name wasn't updated in Qi's quest "Four Precious Stones".

I've been able to fix parts of it.
I can get it so have the
"Find Acematic Shards...." in the descriptions and "Place 4 Acematic Shards..." as the 2nd task are fixed
but I can't find how to fix the 1st task "Find 4 Prismatic Shards"

For the record, I have this so far:

{
"Action": "EditData",
"Target": "Data/Objects",
"Fields": {
"74": {
"Name": "Acematic Shard",
"DisplayName": "Acematic Shard"
}
},
},

{
"Target": "Strings/StringsFromCSFiles",
"Entries": {
"MeleeWeapon.cs.14122": "The Acematic shard changes shape before your very eyes! This power is tremendous.^^ You've found the =Galaxy Sword= ^",
},
},

{
"Target": "Strings/Objects",
"PrismaticShard_Name": "Acematic Shard",
},
},

{
"Target": "Strings/SpecialOrderStrings",
"QiChallenge4_Text": "Find 4 Acematic shards. Place them in my collection box.",
"QiChallenge4_Objective_0_Text": "Place 4 Acematic Shards into Qi's collection box.",
},
},

Attachments

Last edited:

SymTrkl

Greenhorn
So, funny story, I was testing the JSON from your comment on Nexus, and right as I'm looking at the journal entry and wondering what I need to change to fix this, my wife leans over my shoulder and tells me that there's this post about it on the SDV forums. I was kinda hoping you'd figured it out for me so I could continue being lazy. >_<;

I did some digging into the unpacked content files, turns out the first progress bar borrows the existing code from Marlon's "Treasure Hunt" Desert Festival quest, including the string that displays the treasure names. Which means that fixing this also fixes that quest displaying the wrong item, bonus!

I'm also adding your fix for the Galaxy Sword message across all the shard variants, that's a good catch. I should have the new version up on Nexus later tonight!

Attachments

Allayna

Sodbuster
Was just looking at the new code on the new version from you! I saw it had something to do with that "Marlon DF" something or other and couldn't find THAT code so just went UGH. Glad you were able to fix it! I'm glad you DIDN'T follow my code of renaming "Name" in Data/Objects as that breaks the game detecting that you've picked up the item

Allayna

Sodbuster
Actually, hate to bring this up, there's another thing you COULD fix.... it's in the desciption of the magic rock candy
In String/Objects
"MagicRockCandy_Description": "A rare and powerful candy infused with the essence of the acematic shard.",

also makes me wanna recolor the magic rock candy to match but ugh dangit brain lol

Last edited:

SymTrkl

Greenhorn
And now you know why I didn't touch Magic Rock Candy. ;)
I saw that too, but I didn't want to edit the description without also editing the sprites, and that's gonna be a more in-depth project because SOMEONE decided there need to be like two dozen recolors in this mod. It'll get added at some point, though, when I have the time and spoons to do a bunch of pixel work.