Change cave choice

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
It would be nice if you could speak to Demetrius and pay him to change your farm cave choice (fruit vs. mushrooms).

You can already change many other choices during the game (profession changes, marriage, kids, etc.) but the cave choice is forever. Just being able to change that would be nice.

MissDandy

Farmer
I personally don't mind that you can't change it. The only thing maybe is that it would be nice to have a little bit of insight before choosing, for example, that the mushrooms are best for people spending a lot of time in the mines. Fruit is useful for people who don't intend to plant tons of fruit trees, and it's especially helpful in early game when you're doing the community centre. Then again, both are beneficial for that.

Given the odds of spawn for both, I think they're relatively close in terms of profit. It's what you're after in the game that should decided it for you, but you'll likely find that in late game, the cave doesn't matter so much as other things become more profitable/important. I think I go in my cave once a week, if that.

The other thing is that the way it's set up makes sense. Demetrius is doing a study, and it wouldn't make a lot of sense in terms of game logic if you were able to change it whenever you wanted because it's not really the farmer's doing.

LeiraHoward

Farmhand
The other thing is that the way it's set up makes sense. Demetrius is doing a study, and it wouldn't make a lot of sense in terms of game logic if you were able to change it whenever you wanted because it's not really the farmer's doing.
Then maybe his study ought to be finished after a certain number of years and give the player an option to re-choose what to do with the space at that point in time?

Kurachi84

Planter
I'm not as serious as some here, so i'd like this suggestion to be implented.
I use CJB Cheat Menu mod to add a few mushroom boxes(which cannot be removed, so kinda risky to do it) to the fruit cave.
But i guess being able to change (and paying for that) could make me cheat some less, haha XD
I'd like an option for both, which would give 2 mushroom boxes and maybe 50% of the fruit spawns, so the spawn rate of the fruit would be halved, basically, for balance.

LRangerR

Local Legend
If you did you would upset the local ecosystem too much and it would have drastic effects on the environments.

Probably...

Aquabreeze

Greenhorn
maybe an option for a 2nd cave with the opposite effect, so you can have both? (Albeit at a significantly later point in the game?) That would make a nice mod, actually

(yes, I did register a forums account just to make this comment after googling whether I could change the cave type)

mlagdas

Newcomer
I love the idea of the mushroom cave aesthetically so I normally choose it, but the bat cave is honestly so nice for the community center that I wish I could choose it first and change to mushrooms later.

Godkin

Planter
On the one hand, both provide the possibility for players to plant their own fruit trees in each season to gain more consistent access to the best fruits. However, on the other hand, there is no other way to get the rarest mushrooms out of season than from the Mushroom Cave.