Chances of Being Stuck with Master Fisher's Bundle?

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
I've been playing a new path since buying a digital copy for Switch last year, it's my first time experiencing some of the later added update content since I stopped playing on PS4 a while ago. But I'm now at the end of Year 2 Winter and I feel like it's gonna take me forever to get the blobfish for the Master Fisher's bundle what with only having 3 days each game year to do it and it being a difficult fish. I love the remixed community center bundles option though because it makes things unique and it's not quite so boring.

Anyways, I recently started a new multiplayer path and yet again got stuck with the Master Fisher's bundle, I don't mind so much in multiplayer though, cause obviously others can help with that one and get it done sooner than I could. But now I'm kinda also getting the urge to start a new farm, maybe try out the beach map for the first time. Except, as usual, I'm gonna want remixed bundles for some variety. What are the chances I waste 5+ in game days and have to restart because of the Master Fisher's bundle? Does that bundle show up in the remix often? I could just not remix the bundles, but I like some of the other changes which don't have such a small window each game year to achieve its goal.

Elenna101

Farmer
According to the wiki, there are three possible bundles for that spot - the regular Specialty Fish bundle (pufferfish, ghostfish, sandfish, woodskip), the Quality Fish bundle (gold star largemouth, shad, tuna, and walleye) and the Master Fisher bundle that you've seen. The wiki doesn't specify but I'd guess they're each a 1/3 chance.

However, I think you're misreading the bundle. You only need two of the four fish (lava eel, scorpion carp, octopus and blobfish) so you can skip the blobfish entirely. The lava eel and scorpion carp are harder than the blobfish, but they're available at any time.

SiameezyRPGer

Sodbuster
@Elenna101 Wait, is that one that only requires some out of the total amount/options? Well now I need to go check my old path on Switch and see. I kept feeling like I needed all 4, cause if I only need 2 that's fine. Pretty sure I've caught a scorpion carp and both it and the octopus I think I read can show up at the traveling cart, only the lava eel and blobfish don't.

Edit: Yeah I just looked and I'm a freaking idiot lolol. I didn't need a blobfish. I can ignore the two most difficult and just use a scorpion carp and the octopus which if I don't catch, both can show up in the traveling cart. I feel dumb now 😂

Last edited:

Hill Myna

Farmer
Uh...

...psst! Octopi of the Valley! Attention please.

Someone is out to catch you! They go by the codename eezyRPG.

Be on your best guard! And yes, convince the Mummies to drop some Lures o' Curiosity, so maybe they'll swap their Cork Bobber out.

But beware of the Trap Bobber! This newly invented contraption will snag you, and it will make it harder to retreat!

And a final word: don't approach if you get a whiff any dishes! Specifically Lobster Bisque. Oh, Lobsters are yummy, though...

––––

Oh no! We've lost two units!

Quick! Catch that lady before her pig... too late.

And that mysterious shadowy figure! Where are the Dwarves in this place???