Carpenter's Shop Changes I'd Like to See in an Update

I feel like these changes would further allow players to create their ideal farm and town.
  • Give the 'Community Upgrades' their own listing separate from the Farmhouse upgrades. Maybe available after the first Farmhouse upgrade and/or after a certain number of hearts are earned? Or it could pop up after the Community Center (or even just the Bulletin Board portion) is completed?
  • Make the 'House Renovations' option available after the first Farmhouse upgrade, with the divider wall removal and Southern room addition, and then make the crib removal and corner room available after the second Farmhouse upgrade.
  • Give two Farmhouse upgrade options after the first: 'Enlarge Farmhouse' (currently the second upgrade option) and 'Add Cellar'.
  • New Farm Building: Dog House or Catio (depending on pet type chosen). Located wherever the broken timber/water bowl is on your farm layout, with the water bowl placed beside it and the broken timber mended into a little pet patio.
  • Add indoor pet beds to the rotating furniture options.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Ah, but then will the pet actually use the pet bed? You can lead a cat to a pet bed but your farmer’s toes are so much warmer.
Yes! You should be able to purchase additional pet beds or sleep towers or doggie tunnels but the trick is that the more of them you put throughout the house, the higher chance the dog or cat ignores all of it and sleeps in or next to (blocking) the Farmer's bed.

Or in the kitchen sink.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The community upgrades are so expensive compared to the house upgrades that I think it makes sense they way it is as long as those don’t change.
I do think the community shortcuts could be made much cheaper then making it earlier makes sense, maybe as soon as you get to the island or finish cc/joja. The trailer upgrade should stay as it is though.

I do think all of your other ideas have merit, they could definitely be impremented.

The community upgrades are so expensive compared to the house upgrades that I think it makes sense they way it is as long as those don’t change.
I do think the community shortcuts could be made much cheaper then making it earlier makes sense, maybe as soon as you get to the island or finish cc/joja. The trailer upgrade should stay as it is though.

I do think all of your other ideas have merit, they could definitely be impremented.
I don't think the price should be a factor in when you're allowed an option. In my current playthrough, I built Pam and Penny a house before I built my barn even though it cost more. I had over half the cost already (and had completed the community center) and figured they could have a nice house just in time for Winter if I aimed for it first. Personally the 950 pieces of wood always seems like the bigger ask to me... :laugh:

I'm sorry, by 'trailer' did you mean Farmhouse?

Ah, but then will the pet actually use the pet bed? You can lead a cat to a pet bed but your farmer’s toes are so much warmer.
It depends, on rainy days they'll use them but at night your bed is their bed! That's what my in-game dog seems to think, anyway. He lies on rugs and bamboo mats on rainy days but is in my farmer's bed just about every night. ^_^

goboking

Rancher
New Farm Building: Dog House or Catio (depending on pet type chosen). Located wherever the broken timber/water bowl is on your farm layout, with the water bowl placed beside it and the broken timber mended into a little pet patio.
Give me pet houses, the ability to build farm buildings on Ginger Island, and the ability to build the basement without building the "upstairs" area and I'll be happy.

Give me pet houses, the ability to build farm buildings on Ginger Island, and the ability to build the basement without building the "upstairs" area and I'll be happy.
It would be cool if it would then let us transfer our coop & barn animals to the buildings so we can spend Winters there.

For the Hill-top and River farms, there should be an addition to farm buildings for bridge repair. You have to pay and bring 300 pieces of stone for small (single path) bridges and 500 pieces for large (double path) bridges, but then overnight Robin fixes up the bridges so they look like mini versions of the bridges in town instead of hastily nailed together pieces of timber.

Jayamos

Farmer
For the Hill-top and River farms, there should be an addition to farm buildings for bridge repair. You have to pay and bring 300 pieces of stone for small (single path) bridges and 500 pieces for large (double path) bridges, but then overnight Robin fixes up the bridges so they look like mini versions of the bridges in town instead of hastily nailed together pieces of timber.
I saw that and thought extra bridges would be great, whatever they look like!

MogBeoulve

Farmer
The only thing I'd like is for the shortcuts to be made a little easier to spot once they've been made. I can never find the tide pool to library path. I'm about to bring some pathing materials just so I stop getting tangled in the bushes there.

The only thing I'd like is for the shortcuts to be made a little easier to spot once they've been made. I can never find the tide pool to library path. I'm about to bring some pathing materials just so I stop getting tangled in the bushes there.
I put a torch in the opening to make it easy to find at night.