PC Capped at 50 fps no Matter What I do...

Jackoro

Greenhorn
I'm new to this whole forums thing so I think I posted this in the right spot. Anyway, my game has been capped at 50fps since last year and I've tried looking it up so many times and tried different things.
I play on an ultrawide monitor (3440 x 1440) and I think that might be the main issue. I am able to run many games over 60fps so i don't know why this is an issue. Any suggestions would be awesome.

PC Specs:
My pc is the Alienware aurora r9
Nvidia rtx 2060 super
16GB ram
3.6Gz cpu

Edit:
Alright, I was doing some more research and I think the issue might be that I've accientally used an HDMI cable instead of a display port to connect my monitor to my pc. I found my refresh rate was locked between 50 and 60hz (my monitor is advertised 120hz). I think I swapped out the cables on accident when I set up my pc again after I moved. I'll update soon to see if the problem got fixed and that I'm just dumb.

Last edited:

Ludo

Cowpoke
Why do you want more FPS?

I'm at 61-60 FPS
5760x1080
RTX2070SUPER
CPU is 3.20
48GB RAM

Last edited:

grey

Greenhorn
I run at a solid 60fps as well. Fullscreen/vsync enabled at 5120x1440, with an RTX 2070. It should be mentioned that this being a 2D pixel art game, it would make sense to run it at a multiple of the animation framerate, instead of as fast as you can. I'm not sure what that is for Stardew Valley to be honest, but it looks well enough to me at 60fps. I would check your monitor settings, and make sure you have it set to at least 60hz.

Ludo

Cowpoke
What do you use to check your FPS? I used the option in NVIDIA settings.
60 FPS is more than enough for a game like Stardew Valley.

Drullo321

Sodbuster
Do you have any issues like Screen Tearing etc? If not I wouldn't bother. My game runs at steady fixed 60 FPS yet because of a Nvidia GPU and a Gsync Monitor i would be able to run up to 120/144Hz which I usually do. But the game has no issues like the previous mentioned screen tearing so just take it as it is

Jackoro

Greenhorn
Do you have any issues like Screen Tearing etc? If not I wouldn't bother. My game runs at steady fixed 60 FPS yet because of a Nvidia GPU and a Gsync Monitor i would be able to run up to 120/144Hz which I usually do. But the game has no issues like the previous mentioned screen tearing so just take it as it is
I don't have any issues with screen tearing, I'll double check the refresh rate though

Jackoro

Greenhorn
What do you use to check your FPS? I used the option in NVIDIA settings.
60 FPS is more than enough for a game like Stardew Valley.
In steam you can make it so your fps is displayed at all times in the corner of your screen

I play on 4k, at 60FPS.
I play on my laptop with a 1050ti, so your configuration is probably not the problem.
However, I play on windowed fullscreen because I had issues in real fullscreen, maybe you should try this option ? (No visual difference)
@Ludo , I can understand he prefers to play on 60FPS, I feel uncomfortable when I play bellow (nausea)

Jackoro

Greenhorn
I play on 4k, at 60FPS.
I play on my laptop with a 1050ti, so your configuration is probably not the problem.
However, I play on windowed fullscreen because I had issues in real fullscreen, maybe you should try this option ? (No visual difference)
@Ludo , I can understand he prefers to play on 60FPS, I feel uncomfortable when I play bellow (nausea)
Yeah windowed and windowless show no difference in fps for me