Solved Can't Upgrade ANY Tools!!!

OtakuSquirrel

Newcomer
I recently got the game and its a blast, however I am having a problem upgrading my tools. I have crafted more than enough copper bars, and have over 10,000 gold, and all of the tools are currently equipped on my character. But every time I go to Clint and click on upgrade, the gold indicator shakes as though to say I do not have enough. The same thing happens for the water can, axe, pick axe, hoe and sword. My game and switch all have the latest software and it continues to happen. Can you please resolve this? I know I am not the only one going through this.

Ereo

Helper
Just making sure:

When you have talked to Clint, did you have the tool and five copper bar in your inventory?

OtakuSquirrel

Newcomer
Nevermind, now it appears to be working. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I was doing something wrong? Thanks for responding though I appreciate it :)

imnvs

Local Legend
Nevermind, now it appears to be working. I'm not sure what happened, maybe I was doing something wrong? Thanks for responding though I appreciate it :)
If you encounter the problem again, we're happy to help, but happier to see you have it working now.

Anastarbow

Newcomer
hey umm so I'm have the same problem, I have been playing Stardew for a long time now and still can't figure it out. It acts like I dont have enough gold, when I have like 10,00 gold.

NiahVRose

Greenhorn
Hi there,

I'm having this very issue on the switch and I still have not found a resolution. Any help is appreciated! I've attached a photo of my situation and I've made sure to only have the axe and the 5 copper bars and it still is not allowing me to upgrade.

Attachments

Ereo

Helper
You have copper ores, not bars.

In case you don't know how to make them: Clint should have visited you with the blueprints for a furnace. You need to put five copper ores and one coal inside to make one bar.

Last edited:

Lew Zealand

Helper
Also look at your quest list, you should have the quest to Craft a Furnace, which pops up the morning after getting your first ores and Clint visits you with the Furnace blueprints.

Hill Myna

Farmer
You have copper ores, not bars.

In case you don't know how to make them: Clint should have visited you with the blueprints for a furnace. You need to put five copper ores and one coal inside to make one bar.
Also look at your quest list, you should have the quest to Craft a Furnace, which pops up the morning after getting your first ores and Clint visits you with the Furnace blueprints.
Unless you just bought the copper ore then and there.

In which case, you're going to need at least 45 ores (20 for the Furnace, 5 ore per bar) and 5 coal (1 per bar, also purchasable from Clint), and Clint will visit your house tomorrow morning (if it isn't raining), giving you the Furnace recipe. This will set off the "Craft a Furnace" quest that Lew mentioned.

Alternatively, if it is indeed the case that you bought those ores from Clint, then that means you haven't been mining. The Mines are north of the Mountain Lake, you should be able to see them on your map.

Hope this helps!

NiahVRose

Greenhorn
Tisnjs

In which case, you're going to need at least 45 ores (20 for the Furnace, 5 ore per bar) and 5 coal (1 per bar, also purchasable from Clint), and Clint will visit your house tomorrow morning (if it isn't raining), giving you the Furnace recipe. This will set off the "Craft a Furnace" quest that Lew mentioned.

Alternatively, if it is indeed the case that you bought those ores from Clint, then that means you haven't been mining. The Mines are north of the Mountain Lake, you should be able to see them on your map.

Hope this helps!

Hope this helps!
This is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!!

I can't upgrade any tools. I'm currently trying to upgrade my steel axe to a copper axe. I have 5 copper bars and I have plenty of money. Please help!