Question Cant figure out how to get mods on android

Chililover

Planter
I'm on a Amazon kindle fire. And I wanted to try out mods for my next playthrough. I downloaded the Android port of SMAPI i opened the app and clicked the "download Amazon kindle compat"
Then installed the smapi stardew. and downloaded a mod, I unzipped it and put it in the mods folder.
I opened stardew and it didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

kdau

Tiller
Make sure you're opening the separate "SMAPI Stardew Valley" app that is installed by the SMAPI Installer app. That is the one that will have mods. The original "Stardew Valley" app is also there, unaffected and without mods. They both access the same save files.

Chililover

Planter
Make sure you're opening the separate "SMAPI Stardew Valley" app that is installed by the SMAPI Installer app. That is the one that will have mods. The original "Stardew Valley" app is also there, unaffected and without mods. They both access the same save files.
I did that but it doesn't seem to work. Would it be that I'm getting mods that don't work with device?
I've got the bigger hill farm it says it's compatable but maybe I'm doing it wrong, also I laugh it by pressing the launch button in smapi app

Chililover

Planter
I have the smapi installed corectly as far as I can tell. I have the Amazon store company thing downloaded. And I have content patcher. If that helps any

kdau

Tiller
Sorry, I haven't been checking messages here consistently. :flushed:

There are certain mods that don't work on Android, but most Content Patcher packs should be fine, especially if yours says it is.

The best way to figure out what might be going on would be to see the SMAPI log. It's a bit cumbersome to access on Android, and I'm not sure how the Kindle will affect the process. However, there are instructions for Android on the SMAPI log upload site, and if you can get the log uploaded there, you can share the link here for folks to take a look.

Chililover

Planter
Sorry, I haven't been checking messages here consistently. :flushed:

There are certain mods that don't work on Android, but most Content Patcher packs should be fine, especially if yours says it is.

The best way to figure out what might be going on would be to see the SMAPI log. It's a bit cumbersome to access on Android, and I'm not sure how the Kindle will affect the process. However, there are instructions for Android on the SMAPI log upload site, and if you can get the log uploaded there, you can share the link here for folks to take a look.
Sorry about not getting back lol! I guess I tucked it away in my mind! It doesn't work for me :( I don't have a error logs subfolder in the SDV folder I have a mods folder, and a smapi internal folder which is filled with stuff lol! When I use the smapi installer to install it, it says something about it might crash a o harmony framework thing or something if that could be it I could go back and try again so I could tell you what it actually says!