Solved Can't construct farm buildings

8km

Greenhorn
Video here.

In my modded game, when I try to construct a new farm building it just refreshes the menu. The other functions work fine. I'm not constructing another building or upgrading anything at the moment. This started happening a while ago, and I just stopped playing for a while. It only became an issue recently though, since I have like 34 hours on it. I don't think it's a mod causing it, but I'm not sure. I tried installing Instant Buildings on Farm to use the menu, but that doesn't work either. I can't build any farm buildings whatsoever.

Odin

Staff member
Because you have mods installed, we'll start there. Can you share a SMAPI log? Instructions on doing so here: https://smapi.io/log
Your video doesn't appear to work, but we may not need that to solve this.

8km

Greenhorn
Because you have mods installed, we'll start there. Can you share a SMAPI log? Instructions on doing so here: https://smapi.io/log
Your video doesn't appear to work, but we may not need that to solve this.
Here it is, sorry I didn't realize this was a thing I could do. I know I have a lot of outdated stuff, which I plan on updating, but I'm not sure that'll fix my issue.

Odin

Staff member
I know I have a lot of outdated stuff, which I plan on updating, but I'm not sure that'll fix my issue.
It often can! I'd definitely start by updating everything. Available updates you can download are listed at the top of that log you generated to make it a bit easier.
Once you update everything, if you're still having this issue, please generate a new log.

8km

Greenhorn
It often can! I'd definitely start by updating everything. Available updates you can download are listed at the top of that log you generated to make it a bit easier.
Once you update everything, if you're still having this issue, please generate a new log.
So I updated everything, my error is still there. Also, now I'm stuck on an infinite loading screen. Here's my new log.

Wingheart

Sodbuster
You have two instances of Stardew Valley Expanded. Uninstall them and install the newest version.
You also have Coii's Shirts and BBShirt conflicting (uninstall one), LavaPulse's Chickens doesn't work and Lavapulse is MIA so you need to uninstall that because it's crashing trying to edit ObjectInformation, and something's gone wrong with Diverse STardew Valley with Seasonal Villager Outfits.

The Stardew Valley Expanded errors are the ones crashing the game, though - you end up with a half-loaded NPC and the game crashes trying to handle that. (Yes, it's a crash. The downside of extremely good error handling is that sometimes the program remains open but frozen when a particularly severe error of a type that is usually recoverable shows up.)

8km

Greenhorn
You have two instances of Stardew Valley Expanded. Uninstall them and install the newest version.
You also have Coii's Shirts and BBShirt conflicting (uninstall one), LavaPulse's Chickens doesn't work and Lavapulse is MIA so you need to uninstall that because it's crashing trying to edit ObjectInformation, and something's gone wrong with Diverse STardew Valley with Seasonal Villager Outfits.

The Stardew Valley Expanded errors are the ones crashing the game, though - you end up with a half-loaded NPC and the game crashes trying to handle that. (Yes, it's a crash. The downside of extremely good error handling is that sometimes the program remains open but frozen when a particularly severe error of a type that is usually recoverable shows up.)
Alright, I was able to fix the SVE and other minor errors. And I actually figured out why it wouldn't let me build farm buildings; it was because I had deleted the shipping bin in \Content\Buildings because of an aesthetic mod not working, which I was able to fix as well. Thanks for the help! Being able to understand the log was the only reason I figured this out lol.

GustShrugsTTV

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm having this issue as well. I'm going to Robin and only the coop shows up, there are no arrows to select other farm buildings.

Here's my log

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Gust

hkatsu

Newcomer
Muy bien, pude arreglar el SVE y otros errores menores. Y de hecho descubrí por qué no me dejaba construir edificios agrícolas; fue porque había eliminado el contenedor de envío en \Content\Buildings debido a que un mod estético no funcionaba, que también pude solucionar. ¡Gracias por la ayuda! Ser capaz de entender el registro fue la única razón por la que descubrí esto jajaja.
[/CITA]
Can u explain? Are u talking about some file of Android/data? Pls response 😭😭😭