Windows Cannot Type/Chat in Japanese in Multiplayer

binaryfield

Newcomer
Hello! A friend and I are playing together in multiplayer mode. We want to chat in Japanese but the in-game chat input box does not work properly. When we type, we cannot see any words in the input box, but pressing enter sends the message. If we use English, the input box works properly and we can see the words as we type. I searched on Google and in the forums but could not find anything about this. Does anybody have any experience with typing in-game using Japanese? Thank you for your help!

Hasemo

Newcomer
I just wanted to mention that this bug still exists in the game and makes typing in Japanese very difficult.

The Japanese text is not displayed in the field where the text is written and only appears after being sent. This means that you're pretty much typing in blind.
This would be less of a problem in a Western language, but in Japanese the steps to write are (a very simplified explanation):
1. Typing in the text using roman alphabet.
2. The text gets automatically converted into hiragana/katakana.
3. After you finish writing the above, you press space to change some of the characters to kanji and confirm with enter.
4. After all of the above, pressing Enter again sends the message.

It would be great if someone could look into the Japanese text input in SW and fix this.