Can you "stay" in one season?

Krystal

Tiller
Hello. Sometimes I want it to look like winter on my farm...all year. And sometimes I don't feel like planting crops outside of my greenhouse. Is there a way to set the appearance of the farm so it always looks like winter? Playing on Nintendo Switch.

Lew Zealand

Helper
There's no game option to pause the seasons, probably because for at least 2 years and a day new seasons are required to trigger some game events. There may be mods to do this but unfortunately the Switch doesn't allow mods as it's a very locked-down platform, similar to iOS devices. Sorry for the bad news but maybe someone else has a better idea?

nicodeux

Farmer
The only idea I get to do this is to extract the save file from the Nintendo Switch (which is doable but not trivial) and modify the date in the save file to Winter 1 on every season change.
One has to be really motivated to do this...

Last edited:
"Excuse me i forget im in english forum 😂
No problem, here's what you said in English:
No, it's impossible without mods, and fortunately why would you want to be stuck with the worst season?

Haha, that was my first thought too. 😄 But, believe it or not, there are people who love winter and hate summer, spring and/or fall.
Sure enough, winter has one advantage: it is the quietest season - no seedmaking, no planting, no harvesting, no need to close the doors of barns and coops ...

Krystal

Tiller
Hi everyone, so I don't actually want it to stay winter, just to have the appearance of winter year round. I want it to look like winter longer because:

I love the look of the snow, the quiet and sleepy feeling, less stress to farm nonstop (I have animals and a greenhouse), farm debris and trees don't grow out of control (I know there's the golden clock but I'm not rushing to get it). Additionally my loving animals don't don't moo, baa, oink, quack and cluck their heads off all day long. But they still do it occasionally and when I pet them, which I appreciate over the silence of turning animal noises off.

But I don't want it to stay winter for obvious reasons like being able to play the game and grow different crops. And besides, the island is perpetual summer all year round...so why not a winter farm?

Last edited:

Krystal

Tiller
No problem, here's what you said in English:
No, it's impossible without mods, and fortunately why would you want to be stuck with the worst season?

Haha, that was my first thought too. 😄 But, believe it or not, there are people who love winter and hate summer, spring and/or fall.
Sure enough, winter has one advantage: it is the quietest season - no seedmaking, no planting, no harvesting, no need to close the doors of barns and coops ...
Don't forget about the greenhouse. I do all my planting and harvesting there! And if you grow the right crops and fruit trees it's not to shabby!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The only idea I get to do this is to extract the save file from the Nintendo Switch (which is doable but not trivial) and modify the date in the save file to Winter 1 on every season change.
One has to be really motivated to do this...
Actually you could just swap the day to winter 29th as the only thing the game checks for is if you slept on the 28th to change seasons. Once you hit the 29th you are stuck in that season forever.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but this mod allows you to change the date and time of day anytime you want. It is a cheat mod though, not just an option in vanilla mode you can choose to stay in a season. If you are interested, my son uses this cheat mod and there are lots of interesting cheats you can apply using the mod, like getting all villagers to maximum hearts, infinite money etc. @LRangerR I thought I'd mention it after you said it's a mod waiting to happen! :)

Screenshot 2024-01-30 144453.png

ArtifactSpot

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but this mod allows you to change the date and time of day anytime you want. It is a cheat mod though, not just an option in vanilla mode you can choose to stay in a season. If you are interested, my son uses this cheat mod and there are lots of interesting cheats you can apply using the mod, like getting all villagers to maximum hearts, infinite money etc. @LRangerR I thought I'd mention it after you said it's a mod waiting to happen! :)

View attachment 18665
That’s not Switch (or iOS ) friendly, which is what platform OP is on. It looks fun though.

Njin

Planter
If you prefer the winter look for your farm maybe you will want to consider that your completed look, Do all you want to do on your farm and when you feel you've done all you can with it. Leave it in the winter season. when I feel my farm is complete I think I will leave it in the mid summer when some starfruit and ancient fruit are harvestable just for the look. If I want to re-visit it or show someone