1.6 Update Can you change the farm type?

dincevgogh

Greenhorn
Hi, I would like to know if there’s any code for changing my farm type to Meadowland Farm using cmd+f? I’m too lazy to start over because I love my progress 😭 thanks!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are guides to swapping farms though they are never perfect. You end up with many unbreakable bushes and mix matched tiles.

I believe there is a guide to swapping farms here on the forums under the guides section. I’m not 100% sure they work in 1.6 but I haven’t seen reason to believe they wouldn’t.

dincevgogh

Greenhorn
There are guides to swapping farms though they are never perfect. You end up with many unbreakable bushes and mix matched tiles.

I believe there is a guide to swapping farms here on the forums under the guides section. I’m not 100% sure they work in 1.6 but I haven’t seen reason to believe they wouldn’t.
Ah, yes. I already read the guide yesterday, but it only came with the old farm types.. I can’t find meadowland farm 😭 thankyou for responding! Have a nice day

Lew Zealand

Helper
You can edit your file to change the Farm type but there are lots of after-effects of doing it like unchanging bushes in spots left over from the old farm type. You need to clear everything you can off your Farm and move all your Buildings to safe spots on both maps. Then backup your Save like twice.

The guides probably tell you what to find and replace as you mentioned but you can find the Meadowlands info for yourself. Start a new Meadowlands farm save for testing and then do the search on that savefile for farm type to see how Meadowlands is described/listed in there. Then you should be able to make that change on your current Farm save and see if it works. Because you have multiple backed up saves RIGHT?, if it doesn't work then you can just replace your attempted change farm folder with your original one.

psstime

Newcomer
Hi, I would like to know if there’s any code for changing my farm type to Meadowland Farm using cmd+f? I’m too lazy to start over because I love my progress 😭 thanks!
I was able to change it! I followed this tutorial https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...o_change_your_farm_type_after_you_start_your/
but you need to change the farm type number to MeadowlandsFarm
it would shown as this in the save file <whichFarm>MeadowlandsFarm</whichFarm>
be careful though because some things might get glitched out so make sure to have a copy of your previous saves somewhere!!!

Starie

Greenhorn
I was able to change it! I followed this tutorial https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...o_change_your_farm_type_after_you_start_your/
but you need to change the farm type number to MeadowlandsFarm
it would shown as this in the save file <whichFarm>MeadowlandsFarm</whichFarm>
be careful though because some things might get glitched out so make sure to have a copy of your previous saves somewhere!!!
It didn’t work for me. I changed the text file that contained my name and a bunch of numbers, but the other SaveInfo one didn’t have the term ‘WhichFarm’ found anywhere in the file. As a result, the game crashes when I load my save. Any other ideas?

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
It didn’t work for me. I changed the text file that contained my name and a bunch of numbers, but the other SaveInfo one didn’t have the term ‘WhichFarm’ found anywhere in the file. As a result, the game crashes when I load my save. Any other ideas?
You could wait for a mod to be ported over to 1.6, there was one in 1.5 that did that exactly iirc

stardew_luv

Sodbuster
Yes and not yet.

Yes it is possible to successfully edit your farm, There are several save editors that work for 1.5 farms. You will have to go to Robin’s to move things that might have been placed on water or on hills or other strange places. Definitely make back up save first though for safety. Also any crafted machines or crops or planted trees WILL be removed and not returned so you need to go around and pick all those up first. Harvest crops. Chop down fruit trees as 1.6 makes it so you get a sapling to replace it.

Not YET though for meadowland as far as I know. The ones I know of are not yet updated for 1.6. (Many mods are now holding off as CA keeps making small content updates and patches for 1.6. Which they have to update the mod per patch or update.) So soonish. But for now you will have to enjoy 1.6 on your 1.5 farm. Also if you have Standard farm or 4 Corners farms all of your buildings if you have may not fit on Medowlands as it is broken up in some places by a river and a couple small ponds. If all of those buildings are important to you and you do not wish to pair down you might not wish to switch in the first place. Think of it as a flat hilltop farm. Maybe with just a little extra land on the right side.

Starie

Greenhorn
You could wait for a mod to be ported over to 1.6, there was one in 1.5 that did that exactly iirc
I fixed it myself and figured out what was going on. I made a very dumb mistake - I haven’t played Stardew since 2020, and I was trying to change the farm of my old save to Meadowlands, not realising I had to go and save my game first to update my save to be ver 1.6 compatible. After updating my save file, I was able to change my farm into Meadowlands using that method.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I fixed it myself and figured out what was going on. I made a very dumb mistake - I haven’t played Stardew since 2020, and I was trying to change the farm of my old save to Meadowlands, not realising I had to go and save my game first to update my save to be ver 1.6 compatible. After updating my save file, I was able to change my farm into Meadowlands using that method.
Lol, that makes a bunch of sense, I was wondering what was happening to you as there hasn't been any discernable difference in that part of the game in 1.6