1.6 Update Can you change the farm type?

dincevgogh

Greenhorn
Hi, I would like to know if there’s any code for changing my farm type to Meadowland Farm using cmd+f? I’m too lazy to start over because I love my progress 😭 thanks!

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are guides to swapping farms though they are never perfect. You end up with many unbreakable bushes and mix matched tiles.

I believe there is a guide to swapping farms here on the forums under the guides section. I’m not 100% sure they work in 1.6 but I haven’t seen reason to believe they wouldn’t.

dincevgogh

Greenhorn
There are guides to swapping farms though they are never perfect. You end up with many unbreakable bushes and mix matched tiles.

I believe there is a guide to swapping farms here on the forums under the guides section. I’m not 100% sure they work in 1.6 but I haven’t seen reason to believe they wouldn’t.
Ah, yes. I already read the guide yesterday, but it only came with the old farm types.. I can’t find meadowland farm 😭 thankyou for responding! Have a nice day

Lew Zealand

Helper
You can edit your file to change the Farm type but there are lots of after-effects of doing it like unchanging bushes in spots left over from the old farm type. You need to clear everything you can off your Farm and move all your Buildings to safe spots on both maps. Then backup your Save like twice.

The guides probably tell you what to find and replace as you mentioned but you can find the Meadowlands info for yourself. Start a new Meadowlands farm save for testing and then do the search on that savefile for farm type to see how Meadowlands is described/listed in there. Then you should be able to make that change on your current Farm save and see if it works. Because you have multiple backed up saves RIGHT?, if it doesn't work then you can just replace your attempted change farm folder with your original one.

psstime

Newcomer
Hi, I would like to know if there’s any code for changing my farm type to Meadowland Farm using cmd+f? I’m too lazy to start over because I love my progress 😭 thanks!
I was able to change it! I followed this tutorial https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...o_change_your_farm_type_after_you_start_your/
but you need to change the farm type number to MeadowlandsFarm
it would shown as this in the save file <whichFarm>MeadowlandsFarm</whichFarm>
be careful though because some things might get glitched out so make sure to have a copy of your previous saves somewhere!!!