Can you add two fishing tackles on a fishing rod?

cutealways24_7

Greenhorn
I play on Xbox and was curious is it even possible to add two fishing tackles on a rod? I know on stardew valley wiki it says that but I feel like you can’t? Also I heard that you can add bait to a hook before adding it on the rod is that true? I’ve tried it and it doesn’t seem it is. Same as the tackles I’m thinking you can’t add two on the rod. Oh I also have the iridium rod.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'm pretty sure you can only have one Tackle attached to the Iridium Rod at any point, otherwise I'd have added a second by accident at one point. Where did you see that it could be two, I don't see that in the Wiki? I have not been able to add Bait to a Tackle (if that's what you mean by a hook) before adding the Tackle to a Rod. I have to add each separately and I think when removing from the Rod, the Bait comes off first, then the Tackle.

cutealways24_7

Greenhorn
I'm pretty sure you can only have one Tackle attached to the Iridium Rod at any point, otherwise I'd have added a second by accident at one point. Where did you see that it could be two, I don't see that in the Wiki? I have not been able to add Bait to a Tackle (if that's what you mean by a hook) before adding the Tackle to a Rod. I have to add each separately and I think when removing from the Rod, the Bait comes off first, then the Tackle.
That’s what I thought I just wanted to make sure I was correct on that😂. Thank you.

“You can equip up to two pieces of tackle on the rod. Tackle can lose its power if being used for a prolonged period of time. A green bar will appear one the tackle icon showing how much you've used up.” https://stardewvalley.fandom.com/wi...ou can equip up to,a prolonged period of time.

Lew Zealand

Helper
That’s what I thought I just wanted to make sure I was correct on that😂. Thank you.

“You can equip up to two pieces of tackle on the rod. Tackle can lose its power if being used for a prolonged period of time. A green bar will appear one the tackle icon showing how much you've used up.” https://stardewvalley.fandom.com/wiki/Fishing_Tackle#:~:text=You can equip up to,a prolonged period of time.
Ah! That explains it as I was looking at the Official wiki, not the one at fandom:

cutealways24_7

Greenhorn
Ah! That explains it as I was looking at the Official wiki, not the one at fandom:

Ahh so it’s to different ones that explains a lot thank you!

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Why would you need more than 1 tackles? The one you unlock early, can craft yourself and makes the bar decrease slower while fishing, is the best! Many fish are hard to catch because of their erratic, speedy movement and the bar depleting easily... That's all you will ever need. Unless you want to treasure hunt and are certain that easier fish lurk in the vicinity.

Maybe check out some bait, to utilize in tandem? Some types have interesting effects.