Can toddlers sleep in a bed?

Isa730

Planter
Hey so! The age-old issue of not being able to move the crib is catching up to me...I know there's a mod for this but I'm trying to avoid mods for this file if necessary. I got ahead of myself and made this office that I'm really proud of!

1651605260018.png

This layout won't fit in the room next to it, so I was thinking I could use that room for the kids! Getting rid of the fireplace/plant for now is one thing, but can toddlers sleep in a bed or do they need the crib after they're done maturing? Ideally, I'd just have the crib until they're older and demolish it again so the kids can sleep in the other room. Lemme know if you know/have any other solutions! :heart:

EDIT: So I might be dumb and bad...is this what the child bed is for? Can children sleep in normal beds?

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Children can only sleep in child beds. You can get them from Robin.
Or from the furniture catalogue.

Okay, so the short version of how kids work? To get a kid you need the crib. Once the kid ages out of the crib, they absolutely do need a bed.

That said... I do not know what happens if a child ages out of the crib but you have no child bed for them.

Isa730

Planter
Children can only sleep in child beds. You can get them from Robin.
Or from the furniture catalogue.

Okay, so the short version of how kids work? To get a kid you need the crib. Once the kid ages out of the crib, they absolutely do need a bed.

That said... I do not know what happens if a child ages out of the crib but you have no child bed for them.
Thank you guys!! This is perfect actually because it means I don't have to move everything and can just do some shuffling. :)

imnvs

Local Legend
I think, btw, that in 1.5+, the option to remove the crib was added to the game proper. It's in one of Robin's menus.
Yes, it was and is. That wasn't under discussion, though. ;) The question is about the children's beds that they require after graduating from the crib.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
Yes, it was and is. That wasn't under discussion, though. ;) The question is about the children's beds that they require after graduating from the crib.
I know but there was also the comment about "The age old discussion of not being able to move the crib." Which is solved once the kids graduate to the child bed.