Question Can Someone Explain to Me Why Mods Won’t Work on PS VITA?

Does anyone play SV Vita edition?

• Used to…

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RhetoricalSave

Greenhorn
Hey y’all,

I just started playing SV and fell in love with the game but I only have it on Vita right now. I’m from the PS Vita hacking community and I was wondering what hurdles stopped people from making mods for the PS Vita version of SV. There’s still a pretty substantial Vita community so I was wondering if it was even possible to bring them some of the mods used in PC.

I know XNB mods should work but SMAPI doesn’t exist for Vita which is infinitely better for mods.

Would love to talk!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Hello RhetoricalSave and Welcome to the Forums!

Updates for the PS Vita version of Stardew Valley halted at the v1.2.33 version which is unfortunately a lot older than the current v1.5 which has been generally available for 2 years now. So I would guess that pretty much everyone in the modding community is targetting the v1.5 version as those mods will accomodate the vast majority of players. Just the victim of the numbers game, unfortunately.

RhetoricalSave

Greenhorn
Hello RhetoricalSave and Welcome to the Forums!

Updates for the PS Vita version of Stardew Valley halted at the v1.2.33 version which is unfortunately a lot older than the current v1.5 which has been generally available for 2 years now. So I would guess that pretty much everyone in the modding community is targetting the v1.5 version as those mods will accomodate the vast majority of players. Just the victim of the numbers game, unfortunately.
That makes a lot of sense. Running a previous version would make things pretty difficult to work around. However, I think one advantage that the PS Vita has is that the Hacking community has been actively porting games that were never meant for the PS Vita. Things like DOOM64, Fallout, The Legend of Zelda, etc. I’m fairly confident that I could port the 1.5 version of SV.

edit: grammar