Switch can not free up golden walnut in hidden path

dartanian

Newcomer
I mentioned this in a reply to another thread, but wanted to give more detail.
I am unable to dig up the golden walnut inside the hidden path north of the island farm. This has been an issue for every one of my saves for a long time now.
I have been playing in local coop this whole time, having 2 farms with 100% completion on single player. I want to test this in single player again but it will take some time to build up to the island again.
Yes, I have used exploits to dupe items in the coop games, and this may or may not be part of the problem.
Has anyone else had this problem on switch?

Last edited:

dartanian

Newcomer
Update: yes 10 minutes later....
I decided to try something. I opened my co-op game, sorry not "coop", and went to Robin's and removed my 2nd player house (With apologies to my wife) and then went to the island. I was immediately able to dig up the walnut. Reloaded the day and will try again later with us both on the island to see if that makes a difference.

dartanian

Newcomer
Yet another save file. Single player, no mods, no exploits used. This walnut can not be dug up. I have no cabins to remove this time. This is becoming a game killer for me. 46 hours into this save file and cannot progress.
I have 1300 hours total into this game and cannot complete the game since my original 2 playthroughs because of this glitch.
Does ANYONE know how to fix this on the Switch?

dartanian

Newcomer
Still no answers. Deleting 2nd player did not work after the first try. I have started 2 other multiplayer games, rea he'd the island, was not able to dig up the golden walnut. Deleted the cabin and 2nd player, and still cannot dig it up. I am close to delteting the game, as I can never reach end game at this point. As there does not seem to be a solution, the game has become pointless.

MissDandy

Farmer
Is it that you're not able to follow the path, or that you're not able to shake the walnut free? I've had trouble getting to that one too at times (switch player here) but I always just waited an in game month or so and was able to get it. The problem for me was the it wouldn't let me enter the 'hidden pathway' no matter how many times I walked at it. I always thought something else had to be completed before I could get at it, maybe someone can confirm or deny that? Also just to check, this is the walnut in question, right?
Screen Shot 2022-10-21 at 1.57.19 AM.png

dartanian

Newcomer
Yes, this is the one. I can reach it. I use either a glowstone ring after 6pm ot carry a seed to see where it will place till I reach it. I was able to get the walnut on my single player game after my last post but not on my co-op games. They are on split screen if this makes a difference.