Can game saves from Apple Arcade be transferred to the regular app?

zyiyu

Greenhorn
Hello, I'm new to the game, and I got Stardew Valley through Apple Arcade during my trial period. As it turns out, I've really grown fond of the game, and I'm interested in purchasing it from the App Store as the standalone version, rather than through Apple Arcade. However, my main concern is whether the saved game data can be transferred between these two versions of the app. If that's possible, could you please guide me on how to do it?

I appreciate your help!

wildandblue

Sodbuster
Unfortunately it's not possible because you don't have access to your Game Center data in iOS/iPadOS. Arcade game data is saved to Game Center in iCloud, but is not user accessible. But the regular iOS version is. It creates a game folder on your device where your farm saves are kept. That folder is accessible via the Files app in On My iPhone or On My iPad. You'll be able to backup specific farm save subfolders to iCloud or other external device. Hope that helps a bit, but ask for more detail if you get the regular version.

zyiyu

Greenhorn
Thanks for the explanation! So the saves are essentially not transferable. That is a bit sad because I am now in my second year.

zyiyu

Greenhorn
Hi, I kind of have a follow up question: Are the saves in the regular iOS apps transferable to the Steam version? Thanks!

Ereo

Helper
Yes, that is no problem. Any regular version played on PC or mobile should have accessible save files, and the files look the same for PC and mobile. Just copy and paste your files and your good to play on another device.

The exception are the Apple arcade and I think the Xbox game pass on PC.