Can anyone help me find the perfect seed for me?

MaxWhite3790

Farmhand
Hi! Sorry to bother you all with this, but... Can anyone help me out find the best seed that includes the following items in the Traveling Cart?

And last, and the most importantly thing, enough
Salmon Dinner.png
Salmon Dinner to make Alex dance with me in the Flower Dance Festival... (And I'm serious...)

The apple, the pomegranate, the red cabbage and the truffle should be only available after the Spring since would be very difficult to gather all the money for the all the Salmon Dinners and another item...

imnvs

Local Legend
Oi... the only way I could think to check is by going seed by seed and searching each, and that sounds like a bit of a slog. Perhaps @BlaDe knows a better way?

Elenna101

Farmer
Hi, Max. You do not need to apologize. You did not bother us. We are here trying to help you.

- I am not sure how you define "good seed." Many people have their own way to define "good".
Sometimes, it means a lot of things. It could be healthy, profitable, useful, or nutritious
Please be more specific what do you mean by "good seed"?

- Most of the items that are you listed are products coming from the fall season.
The real question is what season are you currently? Are you in the summer season?
Max is referring to the game seed (the number associated with the save file that controls a lot of the RNG, including the traveling cart), not an in-game seed. So he wants a game seed to start a new game that gives the right RNG to get all those items from the cart. In 1.5, there's a place to enter the desired seed in the "new game" options.

@MaxWhite3790 , we had a recent thread discussing how to get people to dance with you at the first Flower Dance. IMO, the easiest way is to avoid talking to anyone but Alex, so that you have a higher chance of getting quests for Alex on the Help Wanted board, since you can only get item request quests from people you've met. (There's a few people that are really hard to not meet because of cutscenes, and you can get mining/fishing quests even without having met Willy or Clint. But not talking to anyone else does make your chances a lot higher.)
Then you make sure to talk to Alex every day (and not when he's lifting weights - I'm pretty sure you get a "busy" dialogue then that gives you less points). And plant a bunch of parsnips, because parsnips are a liked gift. Starting week 2 when you have basic fertilizer, it's relatively cheap to plant enough parsnips that you'll probably get 2 gold ones a week.
  • 20*23 points from talking each day, minus 10 because the reddit post I got this from said that that day 1 dialogue apparently only gives 10: 450 points
  • One silver and one normal parsnip week 1, 2 gold parsnips weeks 2-4, and an extra 10 points on weeks 1-3 which you get on Sunday for having given 2 gifts: 45+49+56*6+10*3 = 460 points
This gives 910 points. Each Help Wanted quest is 150 points, and you need 1000 points to dance, so as long as you get one quest, you're good, without needing any loved gifts.
That being said, if you're picking a seed anyways you may as well pick one that gets you a loved gift just in case you get bad luck with the parsnips or forget to talk to him several times or something.

If you know how to code, BlaDe's github has some automated scripts he's used to search for seeds before, but you'd need to modify them for the specific stuff you want.

Max is referring to the game seed (the number associated with the save file that controls a lot of the RNG, including the traveling cart), not an in-game seed. So he wants a game seed to start a new game that gives the right RNG to get all those items from the cart. In 1.5, there's a place to enter the desired seed in the "new game" options.

@MaxWhite3790 , we had a recent thread discussing how to get people to dance with you at the first Flower Dance. IMO, the easiest way is to avoid talking to anyone but Alex, so that you have a higher chance of getting quests for Alex on the Help Wanted board, since you can only get item request quests from people you've met. (There's a few people that are really hard to not meet because of cutscenes, and you can get mining/fishing quests even without having met Willy or Clint. But not talking to anyone else does make your chances a lot higher.)
Then you make sure to talk to Alex every day (and not when he's lifting weights - I'm pretty sure you get a "busy" dialogue then that gives you less points). And plant a bunch of parsnips, because parsnips are a liked gift. Starting week 2 when you have basic fertilizer, it's relatively cheap to plant enough parsnips that you'll probably get 2 gold ones a week.
  • 20*23 points from talking each day, minus 10 because the reddit post I got this from said that that day 1 dialogue apparently only gives 10: 450 points
  • One silver and one normal parsnip week 1, 2 gold parsnips weeks 2-4, and an extra 10 points on weeks 1-3 which you get on Sunday for having given 2 gifts: 45+49+56*6+10*3 = 460 points
This gives 910 points. Each Help Wanted quest is 150 points, and you need 1000 points to dance, so as long as you get one quest, you're good, without needing any loved gifts.
That being said, if you're picking a seed anyways you may as well pick one that gets you a loved gift just in case you get bad luck with the parsnips or forget to talk to him several times or something.

If you know how to code, BlaDe's github has some automated scripts he's used to search for seeds before, but you'd need to modify them for the specific stuff you want.
I deleted the previous post a long time ago. Please ignore it

Did not know about RNG and desired seed in the new game options. thanks for letting me know

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i know i shouldn't be surprised, but i'm genuinely impressed that you had seeds available to share that fit the requirements. did you have these on hand already, or is there a pattern to the numbers? i remember you mentioning somewhere that you can tell what will be in the traveling cart forever by what's there on the first week

imnvs

Local Legend
i know i shouldn't be surprised, but i'm genuinely impressed that you had seeds available to share that fit the requirements. did you have these on hand already, or is there a pattern to the numbers? i remember you mentioning somewhere that you can tell what will be in the traveling cart forever by what's there on the first week
I am similarly interested in how you find these, BlaDe, so that I don't have to tag you every time. 😆

Elenna101

Farmer
I am similarly interested in how you find these, BlaDe, so that I don't have to tag you every time. 😆
He's got code that checks through every seed and then does the same thing as the predictors in order to check if those seeds fit the requirements (in his GitHub, which I linked above), but in order to look for something specific like this he has to adjust the code to change what exactly they're looking for. So if you want to use his scripts, it does take a bit of coding experience.

The travelling cart thing is basically that the RNG for the travelling cart is based on game seed and day. So if you're on the same game seed, and the day increases by 5, then you know that the seed value for the RNG increases by 5 and you can figure out (based on knowledge of how C# RNG works) how much the resulting "random" value will change by. And then if you know how the items are related to travelling cart numbers, you can say, for example "well the first slot of the cart was a poppy, and next the day will increase by 5, which will increase the "random" value by [whatever amount], and [random value for poppy] plus that amount will be one of these possible things".

The way Blade has this set up is that he has a spreadsheet with all the possible RNG values for the first cart check, and the resulting items, and then the resulting RNG values for the next cart check, and the resulting items, and so on. So he has one tab of the spreadsheet for the first slot in the cart, another tab for the second slot of the cart, and so on. And then he can filter out the rows that don't match what he sees in the cart, to narrow it down until he knows what his particular seed has. (Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly.)

TL;DR it might be possible to use that to find stuff that will have all of OP's requirements, maybe by filtering the spreadsheet to show RNG values that give salmon dinners early and then checking each one for the other items OP wants? And then getting the seed values from that by reversing the RNG algorithm? But it's probably easier for Blade to just brute-force it by using his scripts to check every seed.

He's got code that checks through every seed and then does the same thing as the predictors in order to check if those seeds fit the requirements (in his GitHub, which I linked above), but in order to look for something specific like this he has to adjust the code to change what exactly they're looking for. So if you want to use his scripts, it does take a bit of coding experience.

The travelling cart thing is basically that the RNG for the travelling cart is based on game seed and day. So if you're on the same game seed, and the day increases by 5, then you know that the seed value for the RNG increases by 5 and you can figure out (based on knowledge of how C# RNG works) how much the resulting "random" value will change by. And then if you know how the items are related to travelling cart numbers, you can say, for example "well the first slot of the cart was a poppy, and next the day will increase by 5, which will increase the "random" value by [whatever amount], and [random value for poppy] plus that amount will be one of these possible things".

The way Blade has this set up is that he has a spreadsheet with all the possible RNG values for the first cart check, and the resulting items, and then the resulting RNG values for the next cart check, and the resulting items, and so on. So he has one tab of the spreadsheet for the first slot in the cart, another tab for the second slot of the cart, and so on. And then he can filter out the rows that don't match what he sees in the cart, to narrow it down until he knows what his particular seed has. (Hopefully I'm explaining this correctly.)

TL;DR it might be possible to use that to find stuff that will have all of OP's requirements, maybe by filtering the spreadsheet to show RNG values that give salmon dinners early and then checking each one for the other items OP wants? And then getting the seed values from that by reversing the RNG algorithm? But it's probably easier for Blade to just brute-force it by using his scripts to check every seed.

Okay so full disclosure I’m not familiar with coding in general, but I followed your explanation using LOGIC and have a question.

this might sort of feel like walking through walls, but with a spreadsheet that accounts for every item in each given cart slot, and for each given [random value item] in the starting slot + [non arbitrary values (such as days adding +5)] ; is it not then possible to just do some very complicated mental math and guess and check work to confirm if we can use these [values] to make our own seeds without using the entire scripting data base given we have an “ultimate spreadsheet” with these values assigned to various components people want included in their seeds?

Did that question track?

I understand that I don’t understand coding , but logic and math expertise beg me to ask this question in hopes that I can selfishly build my perfect seed :)

BlaDe

Farmer
@GirthFarm’sAcres

You may be interested in these:

I have considered making a master data "sheet" where the contents of the cart for each seed (gameId + day) is saved, and can be looked up. Basically precomputing the results. Even with holding minimal information, the resulting file could be quite sizable - haven't explored this for a while.