Solved can’t update app because of previous refund

soapypenguin201

Greenhorn
I play stardew mobile edition on an iPad. I bought the app maybe a month or two ago but then refunded it, then changed my mind and re purchased it. I tried to update the app to 1.5 today but a notification pops up saying “cannot update app because it was refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID”. I haven’t changed the apple ID so I’m not sure why this is happening. I logged out and re logged back in to the same Apple ID to see if it would help but it didn’t. Anybody know what to do?

Odin

Staff member
I would recommend the following:
  1. Back up all of your save files (this means the entire folder with the name of your save, not just the files within) by copying them and saving them in an additional location in the files app. An example of where to save a copy would be the documents folder. The wiki covers how to find your current saves: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Mobile_.28iOS.29
    Make sure this is done before doing anything else.
  2. Delete your current copy of Stardew Valley (this will also delete your saves, this is why you saved a copy of them).
  3. Go to the app store and re-download the app.
  4. Move your copies of your saves back to Stardew Valley folder (the location you originally copied them from).

soapypenguin201

Greenhorn
  1. Back up all of your save files (this means the entire folder with the name of your save, not just the files within) by copying them and saving them in an additional location in the files app. An example of where to save a copy would be the documents folder. The wiki covers how to find your current saves: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Mobile_.28iOS.29
  2. Delete your current copy of Stardew Valley (this will also delete your saves, this is why you saved a copy of them).
  4. Move your copies of your saves back to Stardew Valley folder (the location you originally copied them from).
Thank you so much! this was really helpful and my game is working now. I was really worried I’d lose all my progress but it worked. Have a good day!

soapypenguin201

Greenhorn
Hey, so I completely forgot to open the save to see if it was working but I did yesterday and it kicked me off? I keep reopening the save and it kicks me back to the stardew valley home screen. I left it 24 hours just to check if it would fix itself and also restarting the app and my iPad, do you have any other suggestion?

Ereo

Helper
You might just need to wait until the patches get out. Take a look at the pinned bug report thread and see if this has been reported or addressed, but I think I saw other users report similar things.

You can also add your details to the thread to help the developers pick up bugs quickly.

Odin

Staff member
Hey, so I completely forgot to open the save to see if it was working but I did yesterday and it kicked me off? I keep reopening the save and it kicks me back to the stardew valley home screen. I left it 24 hours just to check if it would fix itself and also restarting the app and my iPad, do you have any other suggestion?
As Ereo mentioned, you'll want to report that issue here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/report-1-5-mobile-issues-here-updated-jan-11.14953/
The one thing you can do is go to the App Store and check the Stardew page to see if an update is available. There have been several updates so far that have addressed a lot of common issues, and that may include the one you're having.

Istav

Newcomer
  1. Back up all of your save files (this means the entire folder with the name of your save, not just the files within) by copying them and saving them in an additional location in the files app. An example of where to save a copy would be the documents folder. The wiki covers how to find your current saves: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Saves#Mobile_.28iOS.29 fm whatsapp
Hello, I managed to start the game with the save data as instructed in the guide. But, just for info, why we need to rename all files to remove the bin part in android?