PC Calico Jack Dealer Plays Wrong

susb8383

Planter
There's a very specific circumstance that the dealer does not handle correctly. I get dealt up to 16 and I stand. The dealer hits 17 so he's already won, but instead of stopping he deals himself another card and busts.

See video:
https://youtu.be/PLGdXoDhRP8

BlaDe

Farmer
The way it is coded, the dealer never srops until he has at least 18.

Leads to videos like this:

susb8383

Planter
That still sounds like a mistake to me. It should be coded that the dealer stops at > 17 OR if he has > than the player.

LRangerR

Local Legend
The dealer is supposed to stop at 17. The player on the other hand can stop at whatever number he wants to.

susb8383

Planter
Wow, you're right. I didn't know those were the rules. One site put it this way, "That is the difference between the player and the dealer. The player plays like a sapient human being endowed with free will: he observes, he thinks, he evaluates, he decides. The dealer, on the other hand, plays like a robot. He might look like a human being, he might even chat like a human being, but he plays like a robot. No free will, no thinking, no evaluating, no deciding. Just slavish obedience to the rules. The rules tell him to always hit on 16, so he always hits on 16, even when it is suicidal. "